Meyer Hatchery - Worst Experience Ever

Stacykins

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 19, 2011
Escanaba, MI
I am trying to keep my cool with Meyer hatchery.

First order of chicks: all dead.

Second order of chicks: more than half dead

So I was supposed to get refunded about 35$. That happened. Well, I just checked my credit card statement, as I do about once a week. There was an darn NEW CHARGE for the original amount from Meyer Hatchery. I checked and double checked. It had the original charge for 70$. Then there was the refund for 35$...ok. Why the hell is there a new charge? They are essentially double charging me. I don't care if it is a mistake or not, the fact that this new charge happened about a month after I completed that transaction really is serious and angering. Did they think I wouldn't notice when I check the statement? I am calling as soon the phones open tomorrow, but I am seriously ticked off. I want them to completely delete my account, credit card information, and forget I ever TRIED to do business with them. This has been an awful experience. Never again.

That stinks
sad.png
Having never done this, that was my fear. I used cackle. They seemed professional and all 15 +1 arrived healthy, one is struggling, but I really dreade opening a box that may have dead chickens. I am so sorry
sad.png
That is hard, no one should have to go through that!
sad.png

I used Cackle as well, the first 15 came in April and fine and healthy, The postal lady said that she tries to sneak a peak after she has our permission of coarse, She calls as soon as they come in at 5AM, I also received 5 chicks in June they were packaged different since there were so few but were well packaged and healthy. The post lady (who is a chicken lover) said she had pretty good luck with the chicks coming through from Cackle and not so much with some other hatcheries, but of coarse she couldn't tell me which ones. So sorry about tyour little chicks.

I would be ticked off about the chickens The same exact thing happened to me with Mcmurry hatchery and I have not used them since. I woudn't complain to much about the credit card though It could be a simple mystake but they should fix that for ou without any problem. If not then its really time to complain and get your credit card company involved.

I use a hatchery that actuall doesn't take the money out untill 2 days after they arrived and you called in to tell them if any of them died. which is very nice no need to worry about refunds etc.

CEF

Cackle is WONDERFUL, their birds are very nice (for hatchery stock), and I've had a lot of great experiences with them- I'll never buy from anywhere else if looking for hatchery birds.

It would seem that this year I'v heard of (and felt it myself ) a lot of complaints coming from buyers ! I used Meyers and when I went to get my chicks they had forgotten the export/vet papers ! Had to leave the chicks there , another order that was placed through McMurray was sent out on a long weekend and then the order was lost , or the plane was ?? ..Everyone had huge loss's and now they have issues that are non ending .............I guess they just don't care ??

Not really defending Meyer because I don't know what happened, but usually DOA chicks is an issue with the post office, not the hatchery.

I suspect that they will straighten out the credit card issue. If not, file a complaint with your credit card company, and they will take the money back for you.

The thing that worries me about all the hatcheries, is that they take your credit card information and then they have it laying around sometimes for months before they charge the card. I sure hope they have good security because I've seen the type of people who work in chicken houses and there are some of them I sure wouldn't want to have access to my credit card number.

For online orders of any kind, Citi Mastercard will issue "Virtual" Credit Card Numbers. You install their little program on your computer and when you order anything online, you click on it and it will issue a different virtual number per transaction. The person you are paying never gets your real credit card number.

Back
Top Bottom