Meyer Hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Up-the-Creek, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    [​IMG] Has anyone ever ordered day old chicks from Meyer hatchery? No pickups, had them shipped. Are the chicks good quality and do they have good customer service? I have only ordered from McMurray and they was great, but Meyer is much closer to where I live. Any input would be great,thanks!

2. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    No experience with Meyer but they are an established company and closest is usually best.

3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I ordered from Meyer last year and had very good results. Packing peanuts were actually pullets of the same breeds I ordered! I would certainly order from them again![​IMG]

4. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    I ordered a layer assortment from them. Healthy, gorgeous birds. [​IMG] Great customer service. (Call in your order). [​IMG]
    My packing peanuts were exotic cockerals. I plan to order from them again.

5. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    That is where I got my initial flock, and some turkeys, customer service was very good too. [​IMG]

6. PamsPride

PamsPride Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    OHIO
    I have. Great service! Great chicks and poults! I have ordered from them several times!

7. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Same here--I ordered from them last year & they had great customer service & very healthy chicks--and one of my EE's lays a nice BLUE egg too! I'd order from them again.

8. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    Thanks so much for all the input. I want to get some silkies and not sure whether I want to try hatching eggs or just order day olds from a hatchery. [​IMG]

9. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    i ordered from them twice the first time great, my bantams the second time almost all were dead and dying, they gave me credit and i ordered again and they lived, sometimes it's hard to get what you want, customer service was excellent though

10. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    I ordered hundreds from them last year. They are always helpful as I am generally open to what breed of brown egg layer pullets are available the soonest. Always put your order in to any hatchery over the phone. Ask any shipping question before you hang up; they are busy and you cannot expect them to remember a conversation 3 weeks earlier! They have a very accurate vent checkers. I love those girls! I ordered with Dawn and Laura ; I don't know if that makes any difference. I have even called to have them add more to the order for the same date; so I could tend to all the same age at once(Mareks and Newcastle).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by