Meyer Hatchery

Up-the-Creek

Songster
11 Years
May 16, 2008
West Virginia
jumpy.gif
Has anyone ever ordered day old chicks from Meyer hatchery? No pickups, had them shipped. Are the chicks good quality and do they have good customer service? I have only ordered from McMurray and they was great, but Meyer is much closer to where I live. Any input would be great,thanks!

I ordered from Meyer last year and had very good results. Packing peanuts were actually pullets of the same breeds I ordered! I would certainly order from them again!
thumbsup.gif

I ordered a layer assortment from them. Healthy, gorgeous birds.
D.gif
Great customer service. (Call in your order).
frow.gif

My packing peanuts were exotic cockerals. I plan to order from them again.

Thanks so much for all the input. I want to get some silkies and not sure whether I want to try hatching eggs or just order day olds from a hatchery.
idunno.gif

i ordered from them twice the first time great, my bantams the second time almost all were dead and dying, they gave me credit and i ordered again and they lived, sometimes it's hard to get what you want, customer service was excellent though

I ordered hundreds from them last year. They are always helpful as I am generally open to what breed of brown egg layer pullets are available the soonest. Always put your order in to any hatchery over the phone. Ask any shipping question before you hang up; they are busy and you cannot expect them to remember a conversation 3 weeks earlier! They have a very accurate vent checkers. I love those girls! I ordered with Dawn and Laura ; I don't know if that makes any difference. I have even called to have them add more to the order for the same date; so I could tend to all the same age at once(Mareks and Newcastle).

Back
Top Bottom