Meyer hatchery

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Easter eggers, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Easter eggers

Easter eggers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Will chicks be ok on the trip from Ohio to arizona?

2. skysky43

skysky43 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2011
    Show Low, Arizona
    I hope so, We just ordered 20 chicks from Meyer and they will be comeing to Arizona too.

3. berniezahm

berniezahm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    They should be fine. The chicks can live the first 3 days or so of their lives on the material they absorbed from the yolk. I've read posts from a lady in Alaska about receiving chickens in the mail from hatcheries here in the states. They were still alive and well when she opened the package. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  4. kmb221

kmb221 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Shippensburg, PA
    I ordered mine from Ideal - Texas to PA and they all were just fine.

5. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I really like Meyer hatchery. They pack well - and the chicks and eggs I've ordered from them arrived in great condition. Good luck!

6. CherryChick

CherryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Indiana
    I just ordered my chicks from Meyer. I'm very excited they are expected to arrive between March 6th and 8th. I live in Northern Indiana. And am worried about if they will make it to the post office in good health.

7. chickensinwasillaAK

chickensinwasillaAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Wasilla Alaska
    I've got an order coming from Meyer on 4-9, fully expect them to make it fine. The PO here is great with poultry, they know to keep them draft free in a warm room, never had a shipping death yet. Of course, there is also about 150 pullets on that order so they should keep each other warm.

8. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    I didnt like Meyer... There chicks were not healthy at all.. Better off finding another hatchery.

9. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    I ordered from Meyer also, my shippment should be here 2/28 :) But I'm in Wisconsin so they dont have that far to go. Good luck. Just remember order where you want and dont let other peoples negative comments get to you. There is always going to be someone unhappy with all the hatcheries.

10. chickensinwasillaAK

chickensinwasillaAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Wasilla Alaska
    You can find every hatchery has had a problem, just like every hatchery has done wonderful. So and so hates hatchery x, someone else loves them.

I'll keep my orer with Meyer and see what happens, I also have one coming from Mt Healthy so between the two I should get what I need. Plus I have a sportsman so
    I can hatch out quite a few.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by