Meyer hatchery

They should be fine. The chicks can live the first 3 days or so of their lives on the material they absorbed from the yolk. I've read posts from a lady in Alaska about receiving chickens in the mail from hatcheries here in the states. They were still alive and well when she opened the package.
smile.png

Last edited:
I really like Meyer hatchery. They pack well - and the chicks and eggs I've ordered from them arrived in great condition. Good luck!

I just ordered my chicks from Meyer. I'm very excited they are expected to arrive between March 6th and 8th. I live in Northern Indiana. And am worried about if they will make it to the post office in good health.

I've got an order coming from Meyer on 4-9, fully expect them to make it fine. The PO here is great with poultry, they know to keep them draft free in a warm room, never had a shipping death yet. Of course, there is also about 150 pullets on that order so they should keep each other warm.

I ordered from Meyer also, my shippment should be here 2/28 :) But I'm in Wisconsin so they dont have that far to go. Good luck. Just remember order where you want and dont let other peoples negative comments get to you. There is always going to be someone unhappy with all the hatcheries.

You can find every hatchery has had a problem, just like every hatchery has done wonderful. So and so hates hatchery x, someone else loves them.

I'll keep my orer with Meyer and see what happens, I also have one coming from Mt Healthy so between the two I should get what I need. Plus I have a sportsman so
I can hatch out quite a few.

Back
Top Bottom