Meyer's Ameracaunas

texas_chick

I just noticed your name!!!

If you are in Texas order from ideal
(chicks won't have to travel so far)

They have nice EE also!
& I have never got a bad rock from there!!!

Quote:
I tried! But they called back saying that my 4 or 5 chicks wouldn't make it unless they included more chicks in the shipment.
But I can't have more chicks. So I had to cancel my order.
sad.png

Texas-chick maybe you could find a felow byc'er that is close to you to split the order? I got 3 EE's from Ideal and they are beautiful!!!
out of the 3 i ordered i got one cockerel and 2 pullets. Here are a few pics
Sage
IMG_2882.jpg

Saffron (more of a spaz than sage)
IMG_2910.jpg

cockerel (he is very mean, the only one he gets along with is the blue d'anver in with him)
IMG_2947.jpg

It is very disapointing to me that many hatcheries sell anything that lays a few green eggs as Ameraucanas. I understand that most people do not care but they should seriously not be misleading. If you want to sell a product that lays a green egg, then call it a green egg layer. Ameraucanas are a true breed and should be considered as such. I look forward to the day when I will offer several colors of true Ameraucanas, several colors of true Araucanas, in addition to my current Green Egg Layers. I think that many people value the low price on a bird that lays a green egg and I want to fill that need. I will not however lie to someone and call it an Ameraucana.

I would love to help anyone understand furthere what I just posted about.

Quote:
Actually my main criteria was not price but rather availability. If somebody would be able to ship true Ameraucaunas safely with a heat pack and Express Overnight in SMALL QUANTITIES then as pet chicken person I wouldn't mind paying whatever it is that an Ameraucauna goes for.

I only found one Ameraucauna breeder that is currently looking into that option. And I had already made a commitment to buy the EEs at that time...
But price would have been a much lower priority than sheer availability in the small quantities that I can have them.

I understand that many people do want to provide true Ameraucanas. The line that you quoted me on was also saying that many people are just looking for the green eggs. I look forward to carrying both Green Egg Layers, true Ameraucanas, and true Araucanas. I do not yet but will when I have the chance.

I dont need alot of chicks either, but, The best idea would be order 25 and pick out the best for yourself and sell the rest at auction. You probably would make alittle extra. Now If I could find a hatchery with the guts to post pics of their actual breeders not someone elses show quality examples twice removed from their stock. I must say props to those without pics at least you cant be too dissappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom