MGG's Hatching Thread!

Pics
We store it in an egg carton point y part down when I went to my dad's to pick them up I took all the icky ones out and he replaced them with not icky ones was I supposed to keep them in the egg carton longer before I incubated them does it matter maybe I put him in too early they didn't settle that part I don't know about
In really new at haching my dad know what to do he told me never to Wash them I know that. But he never really had luck hatching chicks he always used this old still incubator and then he bought the new little giant incubator still air and he only ends up with one or two three chicks and he's been starting to try quail and he only had 2 quail hach out of 130

Last edited:
We store it in an egg carton point y part down when I went to my dad's to pick them up I took all the icky ones out and he replaced them with not icky ones was I supposed to keep them in the egg carton longer before I incubated them does it matter maybe I put him in too early they didn't settle that part I don't know about

No, fresher is always better when possible. The only time it is recommended to allow them to rest is after shipping.

In really new at haching my dab know what to do he told me never to Wash them I know that. But he never really had luck hatching chicks he always used this old still incubator and then he bought the new little giant incubator still air and he only ends up with one or two three chicks and he's been starting to try quail and he only had 2 quail hach out of 130

Oh no! Only 2 out of 130 must have been heart breaking for him! A secondary calibrated thermometer is 100% necessary at all times in a Little Giant, I've had one. It also helps to rotate them around the incubator daily to avoid eggs sitting in hot and cold spots because the air doesn't circulate and the turner is stationary, just rocking back and forth in one spot in the incubator. I would imagine he probably has a temperature issue since he's experiencing such low hatch rates.

Oh no! Only 2 out of 130 must have been heart breaking for him! A secondary calibrated thermometer is 100% necessary at all times in a Little Giant, I've had one. It also helps to rotate them around the incubator daily to avoid eggs sitting in hot and cold spots because the air doesn't circulate and the turner is stationary, just rocking back and forth in one spot in the incubator. I would imagine he probably has a temperature issue since he's experiencing such low hatch rates.
That's why this time I went to his friend who has a farm of quail and he got another hundred and thirty quail eggs but this time I asked for advice on here I don't know who gave it to me but I'm doing everything they're telling me to with this still incubator it is so hard so I purchased a thermometer with temperature readings and humidity reading and in the little giant I guess you have to put it higher heat because the eggs are on the bottom so they don't get the same amount of heat so I was having trouble with it even with the thermal and then somebody said put it on top of the eggs and boom 99.5 100 back and forth no higher or lower but having trouble with the humidity it's either high or low nothing in between but I'm helping him out I'm going there every day I'm helping him so hopefully we'll get something. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom