MGG's Hatching Thread!

Pics
Haha! Yeah, it's weird. I know it's not my fault, but I still feel like such a failure to be down to 4 out of 14. This is going to be the worst hatch rate that I've ever had. :(

:hugs :hugs :hugs I'm so sorry!!! Hatch some local eggs after this and you'll feel better again. I've had bad hatch rates before too! My very first hatch was under a broody hen the way nature intended and it was a DISASTER! It's amazing I ever attempted to try hatching chicks again. I was completely shattered by that first experience. I've learned soooo much since then though and I've probably learned more from my failures than my successes to be honest. 🤷‍♀️ I know a lot about what not to do now. LOL!

Does anyone know if its dangerous for the eggs to briefly lift up my broody a bit and check on the eggs to see if they have pipped?
That's totally fine to do. Just make sure that you're gentle, sometimes eggs can get stuck between the hen's wing and body, and when she's lifted up the egg can fall out and break. So be careful.

Back
Top Bottom