1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MI Chantecler breeder/hatchery?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by frankenchick, Feb 10, 2009.

1. frankenchick

frankenchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Benton Twp., Michigan
    I want to get some Chanteclers this summer -- or whenever one of my girls goes broody -- but I only want 3 or 4. I’m planning to buy 3 Black Australorps from Townline because they’ll let me drive over and pick them up, but they don’t hatch Chanteclers.

Does anyone know a hatchery/breeder in MI that would let me come pick up 3 or 4 girls? Actually, northern IN or NW Ohio wouldn't be too bad, either.

2. camalianus

camalianus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Have you try superior farm in NE IL?[​IMG]

3. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    Meyer Hatchery in Ohio, somewhat southish of Toledo sells Chanteclers and I believe they have pickup days.

I got gold laced wyandottes and buckeyes from them last year, very nice birds.

I was going to get chanteclers this year but switched to dark cornish. Maybe next year for me.

4. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    John Blehm in Frankenmuth (chickhatchery.com) is taking orders for them. He is well reputed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by