Mice urine in coop.

I have mouse urine soaked in my shingles of my chicken coop. Any suggestions how to remove the smell?
Normally, some bleach in water, wipe it on, let it sit a few minutes, then wash it off does the trick but I don't know you'd want to do that on shingles. I think I'd either make the bleach water very weak and do it a couple of times, or try something like Lysol or that type of cleaner in water would be gentler on your shingles, but still do the job. I'd let it soak for a few minutes then wash it off.

We had mice urine all over hundreds of plastic seed containers in the shed, and those we first rinsed with the hose, then brought them in and just dipped them in bleach water, then washed with Dawn and that took care of it. It sure is nasty though!

We got another cat and the issue has disappeared.

Normally, some bleach in water, wipe it on, let it sit a few minutes, then wash it off does the trick but I don't know you'd want to do that on shingles. I think I'd either make the bleach water very weak and do it a couple of times, or try something like Lysol or that type of cleaner in water would be gentler on your shingles, but still do the job. I'd let it soak for a few minutes then wash it off.

We had mice urine all over hundreds of plastic seed containers in the shed, and those we first rinsed with the hose, then brought them in and just dipped them in bleach water, then washed with Dawn and that took care of it. It sure is nasty though!

We got another cat and the issue has disappeared.

We got another cat and the issue has disappeared

I think it would be hard to replace the shingles. Everything is so secured tight, I'd hate to start ripping into things..

Back
Top Bottom