Michigan Chickenstock 2011 Sell/Swap/Need

Quote:
I used to have a light purple top and bottom but it's nowhere to be found now. I must have went too crazy one year giving them away and gave all of them without leaving myself one! duh. Had yellow too but didn't see that open anywhere this year. I gotta watch that!

I have some light purple, and dark purple that I can share, also yellow and maroons too.
big_smile.png

whatcha got to trade, a hen that will be white or buff would be nice, but I don't think I want a leghorn, I hear they are feisty.

Hey you guys I also dug up some sprouted Currant seedlings earlier this spring, I get them all the time cause the wind blows some off and birds carry others and drop them. I can't tell you what color they'd be cuz I have 2 red, a black. a white, and a pink variety. Mine are a good 6 years old and only come up to about my breast line for height. They do well in shade/part shade. Covered with berries and ripening about early July. I have 5 good sized ones in pots. I'll bring and we can talk about trade later.
Son gave me a few more plastic pots today when I was there. I'm running out Ive given so many plants away!!
lol.png

OK, now I'm thinking about getting a goose to protect my little ones from a big Ol curious Chocolate Lab.
Will anybody be bringing any?
What is the best way to start, get a mature one, or get one thats not and let it grow up with the babies I have?
Anyone know about this?
Which sex makes a better guard goose?
Will I need 2 of them or will one do?
questions questions questions???

Quote:
I have 1 3 week old chinese gosling that I will bring, and I have some hatching next week that I will bring also.

Thanks Farmer, how long does it take till they get that guarding instinct??
Will I regret have huge goose poops to step over?? HAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
I have 1 3 week old chinese gosling that I will bring, and I have some hatching next week that I will bring also.

do you know which makes a better guard, the male, or female??????
thank you thank you THANK YOU...I love you so much,,thank you thank you

Quote:

WHAT???!!! I went to look up White Chinese at google and Wiki says by 6-8 weeks old the knob on their nose is pronounced enough to use for mating?? They use their nose for mating??? How bizarre, now I've heard EVERYthing!!

Quote:

WHAT???!!! I went to look up White Chinese at google and Wiki says by 6-8 weeks old the knob on their nose is pronounced enough to use for mating?? They use their nose for mating??? How bizarre, now I've heard EVERYthing!!

I do not know what Wiki is talking about, I hear that Wiki is NOT very reliable. Anyway they will not breed until next year as they are seasonal layers, meaning laying only in spring- summer. The knobs on top of their nose is different between males and females, male's knobs are larger. The males use their beaks to hold on the females while balancing for mating like chickens.
I had a goose stand her ground when a dog came by, and hissed at the dog, and my gander? Well, he went off a bit away leaving her with the dog, and all he did was honking!
smack.gif

Anyone want a free Australorp cockerel? He's about 3 1/2 month old and very pretty already with green-black feathers and long legs. Not crowing yet, but his long curvy tail feathers have given him away. I'd love him to go to someone here instead of a soup pot like will likely happen if I list him on Craigslist.
smile.png

I PLAN TO BRING:

(all large fowl)
Rhode Island Red chicks
Black Jersey Giant chicks
Blue & Splash Orpington chicks

Guinea hatching eggs (10-12); I've been hatching out pearl pied, lavendar and white from these

Muskovy ducklings (will be about 2 1/2 weeks old @ Chickenstock time)
Look like they will be mostly white with a tinge of black on wing tips and/or tail

If anyone is interested, please contact me about:
Breeding pair of African geese (3 years old)
I don't want to bring them unless someone is interested in them.

WHAT I'M INTERESTED IN:

BLRW chicks, female if possible (light or dark blue, no splash)
Some nice Buff Orpington chicks - need to add some new blood to this flock

Maybe some heritage turkey poults (I already have Narrangansett)

I need a new boyfriend for my female Toulouse goose. We lost her mate last year. Maybe a 1-2 year old male? Contact me if you have one available.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom