Michigan Chickenstock 2013 Buy/Sell/Trade

To anyone I was going to bring pullets for - the only pullets I will be bringing will be Welsummers that are being kept at my boss' house (30 miles east of me) that have had no contact with any of my flock. There is something going on here - I've lost 4 young birds (3 pullets and a roo, mostly marans) that I purchased as 2 week olds from a man in the Clio area. None of my older birds are affected but they are kept separate from the younger ones. The symptoms don't jive with Mareks exactly but I don't want to take the chance of making someone else's flock sick.
If anyone wants to back out of the Welsummers, though they weren't kept with my birds at any point, I will understand. I can leave them home, too, if it's preferred. The Wellies were purchased through a hatchery and delivered to the home they are being kept at in Davison for now. They are approx. 8 weeks old.
If anyone has a young turkey poult available, I would like to try putting one with these young ones before they are brought to my place to help build their resistance to Mareks before they are exposed to any of my flocks.
Thank you . . .

To anyone I was going to bring pullets for - the only pullets I will be bringing will be Welsummers that are being kept at my boss' house (30 miles east of me) that have had no contact with any of my flock. There is something going on here - I've lost 4 young birds (3 pullets and a roo, mostly marans) that I purchased as 2 week olds from a man in the Clio area. None of my older birds are affected but they are kept separate from the younger ones. The symptoms don't jive with Mareks exactly but I don't want to take the chance of making someone else's flock sick.
If anyone wants to back out of the Welsummers, though they weren't kept with my birds at any point, I will understand. I can leave them home, too, if it's preferred. The Wellies were purchased through a hatchery and delivered to the home they are being kept at in Davison for now. They are approx. 8 weeks old.
If anyone has a young turkey poult available, I would like to try putting one with these young ones before they are brought to my place to help build their resistance to Mareks before they are exposed to any of my flocks.
Thank you . . .
GOOD ON YOU for making this post. If it is Mareks, you can breed for resistance, which is what I've done. That simply means to dispatch any that show symptoms immediately. I had one cockerel who went down for 3 full days; I simply had a ton going on that weekend and didn't have the opportunity to dispatch him; by the 4th day, when I was ready to do so, he was back up. Wobbly, but standing and walking. By the 6th day, you could not tell he had ever been down! It was amazing. I checked with a few medical folks I work with, and all agree that my lines are becoming resistant to the Mareks disease, which is exactly what I was aiming for. Anyway...I'm very sorry for your issue, whatever it may be, and I hope you get it all figured out! I'm excited to meet you in person, by the way!

Thank you . . .
That's ok I really didn't need anymore
wink.png

GOOD ON YOU for making this post. If it is Mareks, you can breed for resistance, which is what I've done. That simply means to dispatch any that show symptoms immediately. I had one cockerel who went down for 3 full days; I simply had a ton going on that weekend and didn't have the opportunity to dispatch him; by the 4th day, when I was ready to do so, he was back up. Wobbly, but standing and walking. By the 6th day, you could not tell he had ever been down! It was amazing. I checked with a few medical folks I work with, and all agree that my lines are becoming resistant to the Mareks disease, which is exactly what I was aiming for. Anyway...I'm very sorry for your issue, whatever it may be, and I hope you get it all figured out! I'm excited to meet you in person, by the way!
Hi Wynette, don't forget my eggies!

Kimmie

Mish; Those look YUMMY! I can't wait...here's a sneak peek at a couple of eggs I will be bringing to CS;
I also have pysanky jewelry! See you all tomorrow

hoping to swap for extra eggs no one else wants! All except light brown! Any kind...any kind at all!

Quote:Originally Posted by glambka

those are beautiful! I have not seen such gorgeous work since my parents had a Czech medical student stay with them. WOW!

Back
Top Bottom