Michigan Chickenstock 2013 - planning ahead!

I swear! If I have to walk to get there, I am NOT missing this again!! Lol!!
hey Sweetie, I have a friend riding along with me, but she's not into chickens and not taking or buying anything. Depending on how much you are taking along we could maybe go together. You come as far as my place and we can load up my van. I do have an 8x8 canopy and enough lawn chairs for the 3 of us I think. I can put the stow-n-go seats down in and maybe make room for you. How much ya doing???

Last edited:
There was lots of plates, cups, napkins, plastic utensils left after CS2012. I will be bringing them as well as sign- in book, name tags, donation jar, paper slips for drawing.

I am updating the list... Still need volunteers to help with
Prize drawings for the raffle table - non animal. But we may just end up combining like last year.

Anyone is welcome to jump in and help at any time.

Michigan Chickenstock 2013
June 22nd, 10am-3pm

Delta Mills Park

6841 Old River Trail
 * Lansing, MI 48917

Directions can be found HERE.

PLEASE PLAN TO BRING A FEW DOLLARS FOR THE DONATION JAR
TO HELP PAY FOR CHARCOAL, PAVILION RENTAL, MEAT AND OTHER HIDDEN EXPENSES!

I'll toss a flier together today

If anyone is still interested, you may have time to order a shirt with your sign on or real name... what ever you chose.
http://www.cafepress.com/sarteam/10128363

Updated 6/14/2013

Pavilion rental/reservation\
  • Organize the reservation and cover the initial cost to rent.
(Maybe we should pay this person in advance with ticket sales or ?)
  • Get a copy of park rules - see if they provide trash bags
  • Momma K
Grill master
  • Grill burgers dog and what ever
  • Mr. Wynette
Food manager - two, one to help provide the meat (donations should go for this and pavilion) the other to organize and help during the lunch.
  • organize food tables
  • help keep food trays filled (if nec)
  • SillyChicken (food)
  • Raz (organize)
Clean up crew
  • Make sure everyone takes their food
  • picks up trash in the pavilion area
  • Rbahmer and DIL
  • Snowflake
Kids games
  • organize and manage the games
  • mrshaggie
Greeter
  • Sign in book - name tags
  • Donations – (Everyone!)
  • all around answer person
  • Granny (?)
  • M Sue
  • Hill Billy
Prize drawing (items)
  • pull names
  • make sure prizes are distributed
  • Mrs. Uchytil (Cindy)
Prize drawings (animal)
  • Make sure no one leaves the animals behind! (live animals should be labeled with the type of bird, sex and age of the bird, and the name and phone number of the person donating it).
  • Kimmie
MC
  • Yell announcements or names!
  • Kinda keep the ball rolling
  • M.Sue
Photographer
  • Take official photos and lots of em!
  • Farmerboy
  • Uchytil
Special Threads
  • Theron - Buy/Sell/Trade
  • Raz - Food list
  • Nigellas - attending
Last man out - makes sure no one or no bird gets left behind!!

Last edited:
I'm coming and bringing a chickenless friend (I know - who'd have thought there was such a thing?!). This is my first CS so I'm not sure what's best to bring. So far it looks like it's going to be similar to one of my family reunion gatherings, lol. It looks like there will be a lot of everything. Is there anything food wise that would be better to bring? (Besides lobster or steak for Raz!!!). I make a mean Oriental chicken salad! Or I can bring supplies. Whatever is best. And I'm not sure what to bring for the prize/drawing table . . .

Last edited:
This is my first time, looking forward to it, I am bringing one Icelandic yearling Rooster. I saw the directions page and got the address.

Where does Webster Rd run off? I will see if I can pick up a stree map for Lansing, my atlas doesnt show it.

Anyhow , I will find it .

Just in case, I will hang loose and see how I can help when I get there,

see ya,

Jake

Uhhhmmmm.... is it just me or does "Delta Township Park" have another name??? Search as I might, I cannot conclusively say I know which park this is! It would be nice to know where I'm going this Saturday... anyone have an address? LOL (drat Google Maps!!!)

Back
Top Bottom