Michigan Chickenstock 2014 - planning ahead!

I can bring a ladder and a couple of tarps that we can hang from the rafters to create a darker viewing area. That way a spot can be dedicated to the presentation.

I appreciate the effort that people are making to organize and structure the event, but I agree with John that my primary reason for attending is to chat with old friends. The food, swaps and prizes are icing on the cake.

Maybe it would work out better to ask Dr. Fulton to begin at 10 rather than 10:30? He indicated the presentation would be 35-45 minutes, and then questions/answers would likely be the same amount of time; thus, 10:30 - noon seemed best, BUT - I'm sure he'd be happy to begin an half hour before; then, it would be less disruptive for moving the desserts.

If y'all aren't keen on him doing a presentation, I'm happy to let him know there's just not as big of an interest as we originally thought there would be. I approached him solely because several folks last year expressed an interest in adding a "learning" component to Chickenstock. But, if there's not enough interest, that's fine.
smile.png

I like the idea of the dr being there. Just don't want him getting interuppted while he's speaking. Maybe we should reserve the park for all day!! lol

I think that folks do seem to be pretty petered out by the 3 p.m. mark...that's why I thought it would be best to have Dr. F speak before lunch rather than after when we're all in food comas. :)

I believe one of the diseases he's going to be speaking on is Mareks, which is extremely prevalent in the Midwest. There's a whole lot of misinformation out there about Mareks, so I, for one, will surely be taking notes on that one!

Last edited:
Maybe it would work out better to ask Dr. Fulton to begin at 10 rather than 10:30?  He indicated the presentation would be 35-45 minutes, and then questions/answers would likely be the same amount of time; thus, 10:30 - noon seemed best, BUT - I'm sure he'd be happy to begin an half hour before; then, it would be less disruptive for moving the desserts.

If y'all aren't keen on him doing a presentation, I'm happy to let him know there's just not as big of an interest as we originally thought there would be.  I approached him solely because several folks last year expressed an interest in adding a "learning" component to Chickenstock.  But, if there's not enough interest, that's fine.  :)

I am interested in hearing the presentation would be a big reason for me to attend. :)

i would be game for listening to a speaker from MSU extension. im new with chickens so i think any thing i can learn will help me. im just starting my chicken farm and selling egg already but i want to expand way farther than that . so im a definite yes for the speaker

Back
Top Bottom