Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    In just under two hours the sun will rise on the start of a long holiday weekend. While it is going to be a little cool, it is going to be sunny. Some of us will take advantage of the beautiful weather to work in our yards and gardens. Others will take trips to visit friends and families. No matter what you chose to do on the weekend please remember that the last Monday in May is a day to pay homage to those that sacrificed all so we could enjoy our lives and freedoms.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    yes........... yes you should.......... and bring to CS

3. SillyChicken

Jan 12, 2010
    Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial weekend.

4. kimmie6067

kimmie6067 Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow what a beautiful display of flowers, hmmmmm what does the wine taste like sour, sweet in between? Maybe you should save a bottle for the gift table at CS I can't remember what it's called, lol.

Kimmie

5. SillyChicken

Jan 12, 2010
    My gosh Raz,,, just read your go fund me update....Does she realize you're just here cause you had some dang chickens and didn't really hurt anyone or commit an actual violent offense against anyone. Flight risk and cannot own a gun, for owning chickens..... (yeah they'll paint any kind of picture of you that they want to keep you from owning one of those). You're in Wayne county right?

[​IMG] oh I seen the error of my ways......... I'll never do that again.... have mercy....MERCY. [​IMG] (sarcasm)

6. gladahmae

gladahmae Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Benzie, MI
    I'm near TC as well, but all I have that I can part with right now is 2 EE chicks that I'm quite certain are cockerels. They're about 4 weeks too! I have seen quite a few chicks on CL....there are some in Empire right now.....I got chicks from her in the fall. (She's very nice and has a LOT of chickens/ducks/geese/turkeys/guineas running around, so they'll be mixes. And rabbits, donkeys, and maybe some goats, and a mini? Can't remember everything right now.) Anyhow, that would be an option for you as well. http://nmi.craigslist.org/grd/3781116185.html

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  7. kimmie6067

kimmie6067 Chillin' With My Peeps

I was wondering if I could put a cockerel in with the big girls he was born in February, he is a Jersey Giant cross with a Golden Buff he is so pretty since the JG side was a blue he is a dark gray and red right now but big about the size of the girls the biggest girl in the pen is a cuckoo maran who is low girl on the totem pole. I didn't want the girls picking on him. Actually I have two EE's the same age but not as big that I want to put with the girls. What do ya think?

I am sick and hating it, a cold/cough thing. I was just sick a month ago. I have to take a immunosuppressant for lupus so I catch stuff easy, dang I have yard work to do

8. Elyssia001

Elyssia001 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2012
    Michigan
    I love it. Our very own "Criminal Chicken Keeper" is on the board =D I'm sorry i missed so much of the news, a new fulltime job has been kicking my butt! If there is anything I can do to help, please tell me.

9. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    During the trial, the judge gave jury instructions that equated my "crime" to the same as someone shooting a home invader.

10. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    You can help by sending e-mails to MDARD, the Ag Commissioners and the governor.
    You can help by asking for a MAEAP verification of your farm...They won't do it but you might get a reply.

If anyone does get a reply from an e-mail or letter, would you kindly forward a copy to me? Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by