Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    yes cause apparently a jury is not required to actually THINK............. f-tards

2. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Come to the UP! It may be a bit chillier, but none of the bullsnot you're dealing with in Garden City. I have not yet met a mean spirited person (I am sure they are out there, but they aren't so obvious). Everyone is so relaxed and friendly.

3. Ferrret

Ferrret Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Michigan
    Last I saw, shooting a home invader was entirely legal in MI, as long as they are within your home (and you feel your life is threatened, but most people will feel threatened by someone they don't know breaking into their house). You can't shoot them if they were say, just in your yard, driveway, or somewhere outside your home.

I know you can lose your right to a firearm if you have a restraining order against you, but other than that it's usually restricted to being a felon, not violating a zoning ordinance. They're certainly doing all they can to make an example of RaZ, but IMO, they're only making an example of themselves and how rotten their 'system' is.

4. naglady

naglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2013
    Northern Michigan
    Morning all and Happy starters to Memorial weekend, if your traveling drive safe and enjoy..

sorry for the loss of you chick, for the lonely chick, i would go on craigslist and get a couple more, and put them with the lonely chick with caution, that way when you integrate with the oldies, there will be atleast 3 to defend themselfs, and takes away from only one being singled out and pecked on..

i put 34 guinnea eggs in the incubator today.. i put a fan in my still air and now i have the same temp all over the incubator..the eggs all came out of the same nest that were collected for about 7 days so i know the odds.. not sure how many are fertile, are good.. and i am going in with attitude if they hatch they hatch.. so will see how it goes.. wish me luck that i have some decent viable eggs in there.. 28 days to go..

Raz i just cant wrap my head around how stupid garden city is.. i know a place i will never move to.. makes me upset that you have to deal with this.. waste of money on the citys part.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  5. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    How about a lunchtime laugh?
    It has cows.

1 person likes this.
  6. gladahmae

gladahmae Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Benzie, MI
    Alright, so a slightly silly gardening question. I have my tomato and pepper plants, and am planning on planting Monday (frost should be done by then, and warmer nights). The peppers are about 4in tall, and EVER SINGLE ONE of them has flowers on it. Should I pinch all of those off? I would think yes so the plant will get big enough to actually grow some decent sized fruit, but I did that to my early girl tomato plant one year and didn't get any tomatoes until August. So [​IMG]

My jalapeno plants are about 8in tall and are also flowering. I'm thinking I can leave those alone?

7. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

I am in Holland...
    Thanks for that. That puts a whole new spin on herding the cows.

8. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    yes it is legal in home but also legal if you feel your life is threatened in your yard, car or where ever else you are... Always going to depend on the situation.

Rotten people, rotten system.. couldn't agree more.

9. kimmie6067

kimmie6067 Chillin' With My Peeps

I will be putting in three of his hatch mates also. I have a broody hen in with the girls do you think with the new birds she will be ok?

10. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    You have a perfect opportunity to try an experiment.
    Take three of each plant; on one pinch off all the flowers, the second pinch off 1/2 of the flowers and the third one is left as it is. Then compare the yield from each plant.

When I buy tomatoes and peppers, I try to get flats that have no flowers. Maybe I should get some with flowers and try the experiment myself. Happy growing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by