Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. gladahmae

gladahmae Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Benzie, MI
    BUT BUT BUT!!! I have 16 of the bell pepper plants! and 8 of the jalapeno!!! RaaaaaaaaZ! While I love the idea of the experiment, the bell peppers are a 'bait and switch' for my 7 year old who picked out pepper seeds for us to grow....and then my seedlings got frosted a few weeks ago. Looking at things closely, it appears that somewhere between 1/3 of /12 of them don't have flowers yet, so maybe I'll separate them thusly and give it a shot.

2. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    It is funny and I enjoyed the clip, but if I was the owner of the cattle, there would be one dead remote controlled truck and a chastised owner.

3. ladyrsanti

ladyrsanti Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Michigan
    I was just paid a visit by a neighbor (behind us) that I had not met yet. He had to be the son of - he was probably 19 years old. Asked me if I'd seen his chickens. I didn't even know he had chickens and they literally live right behind us. He said he had six hens and they all disappeared overnight without a trace - no signs of a struggle. Be the culprit of the 2-legged or 4-legged variety, I'm terrified!!!! Everyone knows I have chickens and if a fox found his, they'll certainly find mine.

[​IMG]

Raz, I sent another letter to the gov'nor, for what it's worth.

4. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    This was posted by Wingless on the Right to Farm Thread.
    The MSFC is an official entity, recognized by the state.

Hey everybody -

Late last year, after all the advocating around the proposed 2013 GAAMPs was over, a small group of us decided to create an organization to continue to advocate around farming issues in Michigan. Earlier this year we chose a name for ourselves - the Michigan Small Farm Council - and then later came up with a mission: to protect and extend the rights of urban, suburban, and rural small-scale farming operations throughout the state. We built a website, and also built a discussion forum to have a place to bring in all kinds of farmers from Michigan who might be interested in these (and other) farming issues, but would not find us on a Backyard Chickens forum. And then earlier today we met our latest milestone, when the State of Michigan certified our Articles of Incorporation.

We still have a very long way to go as we build out the organization, set an agenda, and begin to do meaningful work to make it easier for small farmers to farm in Michigan. But before we move on to all of those things, we'd like to open the organization to anyone interested in advocating for the rights of small farms in Michigan. It is easy to join, and you can do so here: http://www.michigansmallfarmcouncil.org

Or, if you're not interested in advocating but would like a place to talk about all kinds of farming issues in Michigan, please join us here: http://www.michigansmallfarmforum.com

Neither of these efforts will replace this RTF thread on BYC, of course, where so many of us met and learned about agricultural policies in our great state. The conversation will also continue here.

Have a great weekend, everybody.

5. Lisa and girls

Lisa and girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    West Michigan
    Roflmao

6. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

RaZ, how'd your event go?

7. snowflake

snowflake Overrun With Chickens

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    the cow and car is crazy, I didn't know cows were so curious, they would have followed it right into the pen[​IMG]

8. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    Shouldn't have had it at the start of a holiday weekend.

9. gaitngirl

gaitngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Randy! Your ducks are getting so big. They are a hoot and a half. I can't wait to start getting eggs from the Rouen hens . . . I doubt if they will be laying by Chickenstock but if they are I will definitely bring you eggs. Here's a few pics :).

[​IMG]
    Grazing in the side yard . . .
    [​IMG]
    Getting lectured by a bossy Pekin, lol.
    [​IMG]
    Coming in from the pond for dinner.

10. kimmie6067

kimmie6067 Chillin' With My Peeps

Awwwww they look so happy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by