Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Kimmie, I find it usually goes better if you mix several new birds together rather than just trying to integrate one.

2. tmkuroda

tmkuroda Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2013
    Grayling, Mi
    This is a misdemeanor not a felony right? PLEASE say it is not a felony! OMG!

3. Lisa and girls

Lisa and girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    West Michigan
    Are you secretly being punked? Or on candid camera? I mean, it's so ludicrous it has to be a joke. I'm so sorry your going through this. Blllaaaghhh.

4. Ferrret

Ferrret Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Michigan
    That's what I'm wondering as well.
    Those restrictions are usually held for felony charges, and certainly not applied to zoning violations.

5. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    Wow they must have really hand picked that jury for their IQ to stack against you.... LOL......OMG... ROTFLMAO......... um.... sorry, but ......ahh.....isn't shooting a home invader a GOOD thing?.. and NOT A CRIME punishable by law??? OMG............... lol! I'm sorry Raz... How do you retain your composure?

Ferret, you're right, on the books gun restriction is only for felonies. However, current anti gun climate is targeting anyone who fights the system..... Christians, teapartiers, veterans... etc. If Raz would apply for a CPL, he would be denied I guarantee it!

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    It was a judge trial, not a jury trial - a jury would have laughed them out of the courtroom.

7. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    I won't be going to chickenstock. I am scheduled to work every other weekend, and chickenstock falls on a working weekend.

I think most dandelion wines are slightly sweet, but a drier wine isn't impossible.

8. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    Actually it was a jury trial. But with the instructions they were pretty much told what the verdict would be. We had nearly all of our objections and motions denied from the start.

Thankfully, keeping chickens is not a felony. Yet!

9. tmkuroda

tmkuroda Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2013
    Grayling, Mi
    WHEW! I feel a little better now. I can't make it today because I am leaving in an hour to go to Grayling. My youngest son went up early and we haven't turned on the water yet for the boys in "the Palace" :)I sent you money instead okay? I feel so bad cause I can't go [​IMG]

10. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    Thanks Tina,
    I'd rather be going to Grayling as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by