Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    Havent been here for awhile. Too many post to read all, So welcome to new people!! Hope to meet you at CS!
    Have to get me buns in gear. Huge pile of turkey eggs need to be cooked up for chickens and wont get done sitting on couch :(!
  2. Living the Simple Life

Living the Simple Life Chillin' With My Peeps

Good morning all! Hope everyone survived last night's thunderstorms! Lots of noise and torrential rain...I am really dreading heading to the garden to see if all my seeds have washed away [​IMG]

Also, need to check on the guineas and see how badly the coop leaked. We need to add a piece over the peak at the top of the a-frame and DH has been delinquent in getting a piece of vinyl outside corner to put on there. Always something to do!

I am really getting excited about chickenstock...my list of wants is MUCH larger than my space to house....definitely time to start on another coop!

Busy day today...rehearsal for tomorrow's dance recital - so tomorrow is a bust as well. While we all enjoy dance (my kids and I all take tap dance class), this time of year we are all ready to move on to other activities. As of Monday, we have no more weekly obligations until September.....FREEDOM!!!

Hope everyone has a great day. I need to get outside and get chores done while it is still cool....there is a beautiful breeze so hopefully that will dry things up in short order.

Happy Saturday!
  3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Chicken Obsessed

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Welcome Rainbowrabbitry and Kathi

Opa, one thing I have learned is that there is ALWAYS another dog (or cat) in need of a good home.

Personally, I think non-lethal control methods are always superior to gunfire. Pepper spray (or wasp spray if that works) would certainly deter anything from what they are up to. If only the owners would be more responsible...
  4. gladahmae

gladahmae Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Benzie, MI
    Hey Opa! I know you're a JRT guy. Just thought I would mention that up in Roscommon they just seized around 150 JRTs/Parsons and Shiba Inus from a puppy mill situation. The rescue I foster for has 22 of the dogs from there, but if you're looking and don't want a really young dog the roscommong animal shelter is in need of good homes for dogs that aren't puppies......[​IMG] We may be getting one to foster after this weekend depending on how adoptions go Lots and lots of dogs out there that need good homes right now.

Oh. My. Word. I just looked at the 7 day forecast and they're predicting upper 30s at night again this coming week!!! SERIOUSLY! This is not OK with me!
  5. tdhenson86

tdhenson86 Poultry People

Oh my word! How could you literally ditch a face like that?
  6. tdhenson86

tdhenson86 Poultry People

7. ladyrsanti

ladyrsanti Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
  8. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Good Morning! Overcast and cooler. Perfect weather to work outside, except it's too wet to work the earth.

Kimmie, yes, Otis is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Such a sweet puppy!

Enjoy the day, everyone!
  9. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    too cold and buggy to work outside!

Otie is a cute puppy. He howled up a storm when I opened garage-you would thing a much bigger dawg was in there. Peed and pooed outside and ate all his puppy chow to make more lol. Not a small dog person but he is so lovable.
  10. uchytil

uchytil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Like Ireland weather...perfect for planting potatoes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by