Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

My martial arts instructor advises all us women to carry wasp spray, the kind that shoots up to 20 feet. I keep a can in the car and next to the door. One shot of that in the eyes is as good as pepper spray and easier to come by.

Great idea. And yea you can get it right at Home Depot or wherever. Didn't think of it. Thanks!

Hi! I introduced myself a bit ago but have been lurking and learning. There is so much about chickens that I don't think I will ever stop learning. I was hoping to make it to CS for the first time, but the Coast Guard found some money and is putting me into active duty status for a week and my last day is on CS. There is always next year.

I lurked for a year before I joined! Welcome and I'm sure we'll all meet you eventually!

So I think I'm coming to chickenstock and ill bring food and something to raffle off. Not quite sure where to go to sign up for these things. It'll just be me as hubby will probably be racing. So do I sign up somewhere? Or just show up?

Bob- My step-cousin's wife was out jogging with her newborn baby when out of nowhere a dog attacked her, a friend had pulled the baby to safely while she had to fight the pit bull away. She had bite marks on her legs. Had she was carrying a gun, none if that had happened. The owner is still allowed to keep the dangerous dog, and the mother have to watch her back every time she goes out of the house as the dog only lives a few houses down.

Kimmie, You will not get in trouble for shooting the dog, a man, anything in self-defense. Its called Castle Law.
It was my son's girlfriends dad it happened to and he had to pay fines or whatever. But this was a long time ago at least 20 years. Maybe it was for firing a gun in a neighborhood. I would shoot a dog if it was attack me or mine and worry about the law later, shhhhhhhh don't tell anyone.

I had yuccas at the very first house I owned... I loved them. I haven't been able to find anyone round here now that has them for sale. I did however find a bunch on my route in the middle of BFE... Wonder if anyone would notice a white lady with a shovel in the woods digging wholes and think I am up to no good... LOL

Very sweet looking pup.

Tap, your new pup too.
Nova I forgot where you live but I bought one at Horrock's in Lansing last year.

312211_647910048557178_2146539827_n.jpg
My new puppy, Otis. He is such a good puppy! No crying at night, no accidents. My other dog's name is Milo.

RaZ, you are such a criminal!! You do know it's illegal to dig up any plants in the deserts of AZ! One of these days you are gonna end up in jail!
lau.gif
Oh, you can see my new wood floor. Not quite finished, but almost!
Like · · Promote · Share
Chickflick is the puppy a King Charles Spaniel?

So I think I'm coming to chickenstock and ill bring food and something to raffle off. Not quite sure where to go to sign up for these things. It'll just be me as hubby will probably be racing. So do I sign up somewhere? Or just show up?
Michigan Chickenstock
Saturday June 22nd, 2013. 10am- 3pm
Mark your calendars and start thinking about what goodies you can bring to share.

Post here or send me a PM and I'll add it to the article created for this purpose, here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/michigan-chickenstock-potluck-food-update.

Your real name is optional but might help the shy folk break the ice.

There is limited power available for crock-pots, so please plan accordingly.

As I sit here watching the morning's pyrotechnics I'd like to grumble and complain about how it is preventing me from doing the things that need to be done outside. Then I think about those who are suffering from the aftermath of the recent round of tornadoes and it makes my wanting to complain seem extremely petty. I must admit that working on a boat during all of this rain makes me think that perhaps my name should be Noah.

Back
Top Bottom