Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. iamfivewire

iamfivewire Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

new visitor for the chickies

2. iamfivewire

iamfivewire Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

3. CGChickMama

CGChickMama Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2013
    Grand Haven, MI
    My chickens had a baby rabbit visit today. It ran for their coop as I was mowing.

4. minniefarm

minniefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    Whitmore Lake
    Hot and muggy! I went for a ride this morning. Rosie is a dead quiet horse and I was looking forward to a nice ride. Nope, she spooked hard and I came off. Man I felt just like a weeble on that saddle. Now my hip is sore and I am stiffening up. I think I will stick with the chickens for for the rest of the weekend.

I have one silly hen that likes to lay on the perch! This is the second time I have found an egg sitting on the 2x4 that is their perch. Everyone else uses the nesting box. Huh.

5. Lisa and girls

Lisa and girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    West Michigan
    I don't know why you saying your not a woman made me giggle. But it did. Thanks for clearing it up Tim! lol. Not laughing at the bee allergy I promise. I shut down if I get a wasp sting.

6. Lisa and girls

Nov 2, 2012
    West Michigan
    Georgeous day. Got done with a garage sale with my mom. I met a chicken person yesterday! There was a feather floating around and the lady said it was probably hers. Of course I asked why and she had chickens! 29! So I break out my phone and am showing off my girls like they're photos of nieces or nephews or something. There's just a special bond between chicken people. I forgot to ask if she was on byc. :( so fellow crazy chicken lady, if you went to a garage sale yesterday and got bombarded with chicken photos it was me.

7. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    Lisa that is hilarious. You are so just like me! I was showing pics of my ducks to strangers yesterday. Ha!

So I've been talking to Opa about liming my outdoor pen. Anybody else have to do this lately? Last year was the 1st year for ducks in that area, had ok drainage, slight slope. This year it is NASTY.

8. Lisa and girls

Nov 2, 2012
    West Michigan
    This is why I love you all so much! You make me feel normal! Lol

9. nluoma

nluoma Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2013
    S.E. Michigan
    Just got home from the hardware store with wood to start a larger run for my new guineas when they're big enough to go out (I build VERY slow), and of course it started raining. Gotta love that Michigan weather. Sunny when you're in the store, and the minute you head outside to do any work it's raining cats and dogs. Guess I'll just research chicken coops and catch up on the laundry.

10. kimmie6067

kimmie6067 Chillin' With My Peeps

They are soooooo pretty when they are adults and adorable as pups, so happy for you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by