Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Lisa and girls

Lisa and girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    West Michigan
    Haven't been stung by a bee in years. I got stung by a wasp 2 years ago and thought I was going to have to go to hospital. Not fun little insects :mad:

2. Lisa and girls

Nov 2, 2012
    West Michigan
    So I did that thing. I decided to take a nap and slept so hard I thought it was 7 am instead of pm. Immediately saw my girls and thought I left them out all night. Even texted dh to see if he slept at the track ( happens when you race sometimes ) omg am I officially old?

3. Lisa and girls

Nov 2, 2012
    West Michigan
    So I did that thing. I decided to take a nap and slept so hard I thought it was 7 am instead of pm. Immediately saw my girls and thought I left them out all night. Even texted dh to see if he slept at the track ( happens when you race sometimes ) omg am I officially old?

4. Lisa and girls

Nov 2, 2012
    West Michigan
    Stupid double post. I guess I am lol

5. SuttonsDaze

SuttonsDaze Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2013
    Mikado, Michigan
    *grin* In some cases that works great, but when he's doing a majority of the manual labor i'll err on the side of caution and eyelash batting.

6. Lisa and girls

Nov 2, 2012
    West Michigan
    They can never resist eyelash batting. Good call ;)

7. theron

theron Theron's Fowl Farm

Nov 15, 2009
    Midland, MI
    RIRJen does have a very nice silkie flock which she spends a good amount of time producing good quality birds. I know at the Spring Fowl Fest, that most or all of her birds placed.

8. tsparrow

tsparrow Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2010
    SE MI
    I just received some silkie chicks from RIRJen today. I cannot wait until they get a little older. They look like very nice chicks! Thank you RIRJen! [​IMG]

9. jorey

jorey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2012
    north adams
    Theron I see you have silkies also and will be bringing some to cs, I can't wait to see them. Most people down here have laying stock and are not real interested in the " fancy" ones so I really enjoy meeting other silkie owners and seeing their stock. I am looking forward to cs and meeting everyone.

10. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    Ok, I have to offer 1 fawn & white runner drake, will be 8wks old by CS. $12

Also a very cool looking Khaki Campbell cross drake should be about 6 wks by then, hatched and raised by mom, very cool looking: dark chocolate solid feathers, with a mottled bib and b+w feet. Free with the Runner (hatchmates, sort of)

And if Gaitngirl says no, then also 2 Pekin ducks, 10 wks old right now. $15

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by