Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ldelahanty

ldelahanty Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2013
    Traverse City
    Today my DD graduates high school, and then just one more to go! Just kidding all three are still at home through college. The chickens they say are going to help with the empty nest...lol.

2. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Awww, Daron. Baby is adorable and so tiny!! She will bring so much love and happiness into your lives!!

3. uchytil

uchytil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Hey, I was in the CG for 31 years active. I was EO at GH for 4 before I went to Iraq. Anyway, Hi. Over near Muskegon.

4. SuttonsDaze

SuttonsDaze Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2013
    Mikado, Michigan
    My "Betcha didn't know this" fact for the day.

Garter snakes are indestructible!

Case & Point: Large woman holding a kitty litter bucket full of chicken scratch sees garter snake. Slams bucket down on garter snake, making certain that the head is on one side and the rest on the other and keeping body weight on bucket. Decapitation was the intent. Woman calls for husband to come to the coop and bring a glove. When husband arrives, woman picks up bucket and husband grabs garter snake...... who is completely intact and alive!

INDESTRUCTIBLE!

Yes I know they are good for this and that, but I don't want them in my coop. And this guy was big!

My husband, my hero. *sigh*

Leisa
    Doodle's Coop

5. CGChickMama

CGChickMama Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2013
    Grand Haven, MI
    Well after hunting to add one or two Marans for my flock I finally found some local since I wanted to few to ship. I say my flock is complete until we have our permanent home after retirement.

6. Lisa and girls

Lisa and girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    West Michigan
    Poor little snake! I catch them for fun. And relocate them when necessary. The only snake that has ever creeped me out was a blue racer I was stalking. And it turned around and chased me lol. Didn't expect that!

7. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    These are the things that prevent me from completing chores...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I spotted this baby praying mantis while doing chores. Of course I ran to get the camera and spent the next half hour trying to get a decent photo. After dozens of shots, only these 3 are decent. It is about 1/2 inch long.

8. uchytil

uchytil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    I have the same problem. The lupines were just right for some shots, and then a turkey landed in a tree, and then....needless to say it's more fun than pulling brush and cutting down trees. Life's too short to do chores anyway.

9. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    Photo spam...

Well I did get some things done. I put fencing and mesh around the garden to keep the birds out. Tomorrow I add the soil and plant.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Lisa and girls

Lisa and girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    West Michigan
    Great pics! My favorite insect. They are so alien and weird looking. Just love them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by