Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    I used grease. Good old-fashion elbow grease. I picked up the back end and set it on those blocks. Just enough traction to get off the pile. That Hugel bed is so soft and fluffy right now. I'm sure the rain that came through will help compact it. [​IMG]

I have yucca and lillies in the same bed and I like the way that they look together. Then again, I don't follow the rules.

2. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

I had yuccas at the very first house I owned... I loved them. I haven't been able to find anyone round here now that has them for sale. I did however find a bunch on my route in the middle of BFE... Wonder if anyone would notice a white lady with a shovel in the woods digging wholes and think I am up to no good... LOL

Very sweet looking pup.

Tap, your new pup too.

3. minniefarm

minniefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    Whitmore Lake

I have some yuccas that I will be removing to reclaim the space. Are you going to CS? I can bring you one or two if you like.

4. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    After I graduated from HS, a buddy and I took a road trip out West. In some desert in Arizona I dug up a Yucca and brought it home. That plant propagated well and I took starts to every house that I have ever lived in.
    I have them here and I'll dig something up and bring it to you at CS.

5. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Absolutely! Thanks to you both!

6. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    My yucca this year has a giant bloom a-starting... More reason why I do not wish to move it. If I find babies I can bring also, but wowzie, Nova, at this rate you will have more yucca than you know where to plant! LOL
    RaZ, I like it together too, I just feel like the yucca doesn't get to be the star like it should be. One day I'd love to line my drive with a long row of specimen Yuccas. I was just gifted a ton of Siberian Iris, i think behind the Lillie's and yucca. thoughts? I've also got 3 tiny RoseofSharons, maybe it's them that don't belong? RaZ can you send me a pic of your yucca with Lillie's?

7. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    Opa I pm'd you about my muddy pen again and store stock. Advice appreciated. :)

8. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] My new puppy, Otis. He is such a good puppy! No crying at night, no accidents. My other dog's name is Milo.

RaZ, you are such a criminal!! You do know it's illegal to dig up any plants in the deserts of AZ! One of these days you are gonna end up in jail! [​IMG] Oh, you can see my new wood floor. Not quite finished, but almost!
    Like · · Promote · Share

9. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] newbies!!

Sam, that puppy is adorable!!

10. Lisa and girls

Lisa and girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    West Michigan
    Great idea. And yea you can get it right at Home Depot or wherever. Didn't think of it. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by