Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Welcome to the newbies and old posters that returned. Just got home with 3 Kune Kune's that were just weaned. So, they are about 8 weeks old I guess. The seller had so many running around she was a bit confused? This rain has brought a bit of relief. It's been so hot and humid I'd swear I was back in the tropics sans the trade winds.

Welcome to the newbies and old posters that returned. Just got home with 3 Kune Kune's that were just weaned. So, they are about 8 weeks old I guess. The seller had so many running around she was a bit confused? This rain has brought a bit of relief. It's been so hot and humid I'd swear I was back in the tropics sans the trade winds.

Pictures! They sure are cute. Will you be raising babies next year? Mary

You are going to be in my neighborhood! If I had known, I would have met you LOL!

My neighborhood as well.

Yeah Stacy...you'll be driving right by me too!

If I'd have had a lot more time to dedicate to the trip, it would have been so much fun to meet folks! I am sandwiched between work and classes, so I have to take advantage of a small window of time. The gal with the goatie has been so awesome and has kept him beyond weaning age without charging me boarding (I offered it actually, since I felt bad I couldn't escape to go get him!).

Anyone have any good advice or plans for building a chicken run? I need to build a run that is somewhat modular in case we ever change out the coop. Basically something that can stand alone if not attached to a coop. We'd like to do a run that is about 8x10; I was thinking about 6ft tall, which is actually a bit taller than the coop itself.

Last edited:
Pictures! They sure are cute. Will you be raising babies next year? Mary
I'll get some soon. Being away from mum they are scared (but not enough not to eat all the corn I gave them) and hiding under straw. In fact they took all the hay I offered and made a fort they are currently living under. I have them in temporary quarters in the barn which is nice and dry. In a week, or so, I'll move them to the permanent pen outside. Along with goat kids I think piglets is going to happen!

Anyone have any good advice or plans for building a chicken run? I need to build a run that is somewhat modular in case we ever change out the coop. Basically something that can stand alone if not attached to a coop.  We'd like to do a run that is about 8x10; I was thinking about 6ft tall, which is actually a bit taller than the coop itself. 

I've seen a lot of people use the chain link dog kennels for runs. You would probably want to add some hardware cloth around the chain link, but it should meet your needs. Once in awhile I see old ones on Craig's list. At least that's my 2 cents
1f609.png

I've seen a lot of people use the chain link dog kennels for runs. You would probably want to add some hardware cloth around the chain link, but it should meet your needs. Once in awhile I see old ones on Craig's list. At least that's my 2 cents
1f609.png

I've definitely considered that, and tried to snag a couple that were being sold on craigslist. People are a lot faster than I seem to be though, lol. I was thinking of going the wood route and building one since I can readily get materials.

1f609.png

1 2nd the chainlink fence.
I use dog panels and got all of them from cl. Have 17 panels and prob $300 into them all.

Back
Top Bottom