Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hi there fellow Michiganders! Very new to having chickens and I've got some roosters I'm looking to re-home. They are Ameraucanas that I had a hard time finding that ended up being roosters rather than hens, and I have a white laced polish rooster I'd like to sell. Anyone know of someone looking for some boys? I apologize if this is not the place to post. I'm new to the forums, so any help and direction is welcome and appreciated. I'm in Fremont, MI not far from Grand Rapids, Muskegon or Big Rapids.

Welcome Marci! I know where Fremont is as a good family friend grew up there. We are east of Lansing so not TOO far away.

Good morning and Happy 4th of July weekend!
Interesting finding a discussion on nesting boxes, as that will be our next step!
We're about to start "log siding" our coop, and we've never split logs before so I'm a bit nervous :fl
I hope it turns out ok, wish us luck!

Enjoy your day!:)

Hey everyone. Excuse me if this is out of place, as I know it is.. but I'm having trouble figuring out how to post a new thread? Can anyone point me in the right direction?! Appreciate it!!!

Kadee
Traverse City Area :)

I need to have my space limited! I set out to have a small flock of 6 egg-layers, but then I saw a couple more cute chicks who promised to lay interesting-colored eggs ... and then a couple more ... and now I have 11 chickens and 12 guineas. But we live on 80 acres and have a very large main coop and a modest secondary coop, so I can't say we're out of ROOM for chickens. It's just not a very good idea to have more chickens, because how many eggs can we really hope to eat/give away?!
I envy your 80 acres!!!!
OMG it's scary what I'd own if I had that much land:lau
I'm on 4 acres, but the neighbors like the clean "subdivision" look, so even though the town has no limits on the number of chickens I could own, I rather keep the neighbors happy and only have 4 pullets.

PS Could you donate the extra eggs to a food drive?

Thanks for replying. I have tried that. I wanted to post somewhere in the raising backyard chickens thread, but I can't seem to click on anything but a previously started thread, and I don't have the post new thread option. Attaching a picture for reference. I have read the FAQ.. and it's understood how to do it, just, the options don't seem to be available to me :-( any ideas??

Welcome to BYC, Kadee!!
Scroll all the way up you will see the "Post new thread" blue button
You need to choose
Welcome to BYC, Kadee!!
Scroll all the way up you will see the "Post new thread" blue button
You need to choose a section

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-01-10-46-15.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-01-10-46-15.png
    745.1 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom