Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. RaZ

RaZ Crowing

Apr 20, 2011
    Paradise, MI
    Not me. I'd have to tear out all of that stuff. However, the industrial meat cooler could be filled with beer! :drool

The building would make a nice wood shop though.

This property is a bit over my budget as listed and I haven't seen the interior yet. It's located about 5 miles past BFE. :lol:

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Free Ranging

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Sounds like the perfect neighborhood for you :lol:

Lilac is way overgrown. Knowing how fond you are of lilacs, I know it would be a huge trauma for you to cut it down, so you could instead just cut 1/3 of the branches each year for the next few years

Folly's place likes this.
  3. Folly's place

Folly's place Free Ranging

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    BFE??? What did I miss? I've got lots more lilacs for you too. Mary

4. RaZ

RaZ Crowing

Apr 20, 2011
    Paradise, MI
    https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/13372/what-is-the-etymology-of-bfe :oops:

Those lilacs would definitely have to go. All of the foundation plantings need serious landscaping help. However, the big lilac not pictured would stay as a tribute to tradition. So I'm not a complete _____. ;)

Still, it is all speculation at this point. I need information from the realtor and I need to see inside before I even consider making an offer.

5. Lelanae

Lelanae Songster

I have a very old house and pruned back 2 ancient lilacs. One bush pushes against my kitchen window screen and fills my kitchen with fragrance every spring.

Outdoorlover likes this.
  6. yochickiemomma

yochickiemomma Chirping

May 8, 2015
    Michigan
    Yep had them last year they are fun but their poop is the size of golf balls ans stinky LMAO. They would go for walks with me and my dog and follow me across the 'road' when I went to visit the neighbors. Probably wouldn't have bought them had I known they were fast growers. I think I'll stick with chickens regular and bantam size. I'm taking care of four coops as it is. LOL

7. RaZ

RaZ Crowing

Apr 20, 2011
    Paradise, MI
    I can't complain about the size of poop. The more, the better my compost piles get.
    Thanks to chicken poo and good composting techniques, I have managed to transform this poor city lot into black gold over the time I've lived here.

I just broke down a 4x4x4 compost pile over the weekend and created a new garden bed that is ready for planting. Now I just have to decide what to plant there.

8. Outdoorlover

Outdoorlover Chirping

Mar 9, 2017
    MI
    Is Sam still around? We're about done with our coop, I wanted to show him what we did with the 100 cedar posts we got from him :)

9. aart

aart Chicken Juggler!

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    We all want to see!
    And if you tag Sam, @Opa , he may stop by...not sure if he is watching anymore or not.

Outdoorlover likes this.
  10. yochickiemomma

yochickiemomma Chirping

May 8, 2015
    Michigan
    I know this isn't an emergency thread but I could really use some input. I've researched the the forums and still a little unsure about what to do. One of my girls (Icelandic mix) appears to have hurt her leg. I don't think it's broken maybe sprained or dislocated. She's obviously in pain. I plan on getting some baby aspirin on my way home tonight to help her with the pain. She's sleeping in the nesting boxs instead of the roosts and appears to be eating and drinking and pooping okay. Bright red comb and doesn't look like she's lost any weight. I'm thinking about putting her in a sling in a dog crate inside the coop so she doesn't have to put any weight on it. I hate to isolate her completely and really dont have any room to right now anyways. Do any of you think this is a bad idea?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: