Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

RaZ

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Paradise, MI
Not me. I'd have to tear out all of that stuff. However, the industrial meat cooler could be filled with beer! :drool

The building would make a nice wood shop though.

This property is a bit over my budget as listed and I haven't seen the interior yet. It's located about 5 miles past BFE. :lol:

1muttsfan

Free Ranging
8 Years
Mar 26, 2011
Upper Peninsula Michigan
Sounds like the perfect neighborhood for you :lol:

Lilac is way overgrown. Knowing how fond you are of lilacs, I know it would be a huge trauma for you to cut it down, so you could instead just cut 1/3 of the branches each year for the next few years

RaZ

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Paradise, MI
BFE??? What did I miss? I've got lots more lilacs for you too. Mary
https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/13372/what-is-the-etymology-of-bfe :oops:

Those lilacs would definitely have to go. All of the foundation plantings need serious landscaping help. However, the big lilac not pictured would stay as a tribute to tradition. So I'm not a complete _____. ;)

Still, it is all speculation at this point. I need information from the realtor and I need to see inside before I even consider making an offer.

Lelanae

Songster
Nov 3, 2015
South Eastern Pennsylvania
https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/13372/what-is-the-etymology-of-bfe :oops:

Those lilacs would definitely have to go. All of the foundation plantings need serious landscaping help. However, the big lilac not pictured would stay as a tribute to tradition. So I'm not a complete _____. ;)

Still, it is all speculation at this point. I need information from the realtor and I need to see inside before I even consider making an offer.
I have a very old house and pruned back 2 ancient lilacs. One bush pushes against my kitchen window screen and fills my kitchen with fragrance every spring.

yochickiemomma

Chirping
May 8, 2015
Michigan
Why didn't anyone ever tell me how much fun turkey poults were?
They are like 2-legged puppies. :lau
Yep had them last year they are fun but their poop is the size of golf balls ans stinky LMAO. They would go for walks with me and my dog and follow me across the 'road' when I went to visit the neighbors. Probably wouldn't have bought them had I known they were fast growers. I think I'll stick with chickens regular and bantam size. I'm taking care of four coops as it is. LOL

RaZ

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Paradise, MI
I can't complain about the size of poop. The more, the better my compost piles get.
Thanks to chicken poo and good composting techniques, I have managed to transform this poor city lot into black gold over the time I've lived here.

I just broke down a 4x4x4 compost pile over the weekend and created a new garden bed that is ready for planting. Now I just have to decide what to plant there.

Outdoorlover

Chirping
Mar 9, 2017
MI
Is Sam still around? We're about done with our coop, I wanted to show him what we did with the 100 cedar posts we got from him :)

yochickiemomma

Chirping
May 8, 2015
Michigan
I know this isn't an emergency thread but I could really use some input. I've researched the the forums and still a little unsure about what to do. One of my girls (Icelandic mix) appears to have hurt her leg. I don't think it's broken maybe sprained or dislocated. She's obviously in pain. I plan on getting some baby aspirin on my way home tonight to help her with the pain. She's sleeping in the nesting boxs instead of the roosts and appears to be eating and drinking and pooping okay. Bright red comb and doesn't look like she's lost any weight. I'm thinking about putting her in a sling in a dog crate inside the coop so she doesn't have to put any weight on it. I hate to isolate her completely and really dont have any room to right now anyways. Do any of you think this is a bad idea?

Top Bottom