Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Welcome!...am due west of Kalamazoo.
Curious why you butchered them all, but good for you!

Well, it wouldn't have been my first choice. :( I loved those birds so much! They were barely laying at all and we didn't have a good setup for the winter yet. Because we're severely limited (by the township) on number of birds we can keep we couldn't just add more birds. We're excited to start a new batch of chicks in a few weeks and will hopefully get everything set up better to be able to over-winter this flock next winter.

Hi Farmgirl, welcome to the Michigan thread. FYI, Chickenstock is coming up in June in the Lansing area, a great chance to get together with some of the other chicken lovers here on BYC
Do you have info on this event? I would be interested. I am a newbie but will be looking for more birds in the spring.

Hi Everyone!
I'm new here but just discovered this Michigan thread so I thought I'd introduce myself. In a few weeks I'll be raising my first set of chicks. I did have 6 grown chickens (that were given to us along with a coop) last year so I've had a bit of experience with them at least. I totally grew to love it and love them! We ended up butchering them in November though so I miss them and am excited to start with a new flock mid-February.
Does anyone else here live in West Michigan (east of Grand Rapids)?
Welcome! I work in Grand Rapids but live an hour north of there.

Chickenstock is held at Delta Mills Park, Lansing (west side) 7001 Old River Trail

Saturday June 23, 10 am to 3 pm

Bring a dish to pass - there is some excellent food. And is you want to participate in a gift exchange, bring a small gift (such as honey or Maple syrup, homemade crafts, etc)

Sometimes extra birds show up as well.

Everyone is welcome, don't be shy, lots of nice folks in this group

63CAD305-5492-4E17-900F-804437CE0D07.jpeg

The ladies are enjoying the thaw.

Back
Top Bottom