Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

With milled feed, it should be used by 90 days from the milling date (not the purchase date), as the nutrients start deteriorating enough to affect the quality. As folly says, bulk buying is not really worth it for small flocks.

Anybody near Brighton/South Lyon/Milford area? Is there anywhere to buy chicken feed in bulk? Looking for some other/cheaper but good quality options...
I get mine at the Dexter Mill. I buy non GMO feed for $18 a pound for 50 lbs. actually it might be 18.99 a pound I can't remember. I know I could get feed cheaper at TSC but this is fresher, non GMO and I like to support the local mill.

Welcome newbies!!
Snowing here still. Just maybe an inch on the ground. RaZ, since it's your fault it's snowing, you can come here and shovel my driveway!
I just want a couple of EE chicks. Don't want to over crowd the coop. Does FFh have a minimum?

Thanks for all the welcomes. Still getting back into the Michigan weather mindset. We moved down to Fort Wayne, IN for five years. You wouldn't think that just three hours makes a big difference, but it does! It will be all green, and everything will be starting to blood down there in the week or so. My daughter was not happy to see the snow this morning!

Oh my gosh! Everyone is talking about Spring chicks. I want just a few more, since mine will be a year in late May. We need to get building on a bigger coop.

We moved down to Fort Wayne, IN for five years. You wouldn't think that just three hours makes a big difference, but it does!
Welcome!

If it makes you feel any better... Ft.Wayne is getting snowed on now too.
upload_2018-3-7_8-50-35.png

Welcome newbies!!
Snowing here still. Just maybe an inch on the ground. RaZ, since it's your fault it's snowing, you can come here and shovel my driveway!
I just want a couple of EE chicks. Don't want to over crowd the coop. Does FFh have a minimum?
You can't blame me. I put the blade on the UTV and it stopped snowing. You can pick up extra EE chicks and hold them for me until CS18. You are coming to CS18, aren't you? I heard it might snow that day. :lau

lol We've been pretty lucky with the weather for Chickenstock. RaZ, if they won't let me get just two EE's, I will get the minimum and save them for you. Deal! I haven't had chicks in a few years now, and just been wanting some.
You're lucky, the snow melted on the driveway, so you're off the hook.

Back
Top Bottom