Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Got enough snow to justify running the new plow blade. One adjustment to the skid feet and I got the entire driveway and along the house in less than one beer.
The little tractor that I was using took 3 - 4 beers.

:p
Got enough snow to justify running the new plow blade. One adjustment to the skid feet and I got the entire driveway.and along the house in less than one beer.
The little tractor that I was using took 3 - 4 beers.
we didn't get enough to plow, maybe 2or3 in. drive melted by 2pm north of us about 1 mile got about 5" funny how that works:)

Went to get the heater mat from TSC today and wouldn’t you just know they had $1 pullets. I came home with *ahem* a few more. I cleaned out the brooder in the basement, shuffled chicks around, and set up a dog crate with a huddle box and the heater mat in the big coop for the 12wk old pullet that was taking up half of the brooder. Figure if she had something the chicks would have caught it by now and this will be a slightly easier way to deal with integration. On Sunday ALL the chicks are going out to the grow out coop (we have a house sitter for a night and I don’t want to worry about him dealing with chicks outside.) The end game plan for these newest chicks is to raise them for a few weeks and then sell them as started chicks for those that don’t want to deal with indoor itty bitties. I’ve done this a few times and it basically pays for the chicks I want to keep, and all the feed for a couple of months.

So it's been a while since I mentioned I was having trouble with my hands and was going into the doctor. I was hoping it was just something like carpel tunnel or tendinitis. Doctor didn't get the memo and after some tests diagnosed me with rheumatoid arthritis instead which was not what I want to hear at 27. So I gave away my three dillute pied muscovy females to keep our numbers down while I figure this out. Not a time for another duck-a-palooza that fills the freezer, but I love my muscovy ducks and they perform an important feature in our swamp-yard. I might be rethinking my approach to chickens and keeping my duck numbers down long term-maybe four or five muscovy keepers year round. I might lighten my load farther by de-orpingtoning and just getting enough hybrid birds to keep my family in eggs and forget the meat or rooster thing, although I love my orpingtons to the moon and back. They are the sweetest birds. Most other breeds seem so violent and aggressive comparatively.

Or I may just keep things the way they are because I like it. We'll see. I've been just thinking and soaking in the options. In the mean time I'm all like...
Never give up.jpg

R.A. is no fun! My husband's numbers are actually in the normal, but high range for R.A.. His pain though is pretty off the charts, a lot. He also has genetic spinal issues that contribute. I have been pushing him for a while to try the Auto Immune protocol diet, since I have so many friends that it has helped. However, one of the things they have you cut out is eggs! I know some people that have been able to add them back without issues after a while. Just kinda stinks when you have fresh eggs rolling in the house daily.

I'm debating a trip to the store today for a second water container. Ours is pretty slushy. I have pulled the ice out twice this morning so they could get water. I refill at the house, so if I have a second, I can just swap out at each feeding. It hopefully won't be so much of a freezing issue soon...I hope. Trying not to spend too much money in the next few days. My baby has her first birthday tomorrow, and I have like twenty people to feed on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom