Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

AW. Goose eggs, now that's something I want. My geese need to get their rears in gear. They're hissy and mean enough they should be laying, IMO. Geese really make me appreciate my muscovies! I hope their eggs are good, because the gander's attitude isn't.
Ours are not aggressive. We have an old pair of toulouse. I've only been attacked when I was trying to get into her nest last summer to assess the condition of her eggs that were overdue. We also have 10 young africans. They avoid me when I am in the pen and have never shown aggression - toward myself or my 3 year old daughter.
A friend has some muscovies. He may slip a few goose eggs under a muscovy hen to start a flock for himself, and he is giving me muscovy eggs in return.

added a young man to our Silverruud Blue Isbars pen. They lay a nice sized green egg. We will be able to hatch some chicks from this group now. Blue cockerel over two blue hens and 2 splash hens . :jumpy
@bigmrg74 .. so you had on your pink with large hearts all over boxers showing? :p

Attachments

• IMG952018030395164027.jpg
    IMG952018030395164027.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 6
Silly, I would drink the wine both before and after. Both a blessing and a curse to spend someone's last hours with them - but I would not have traded it for anything. Time will help smooth those sharp edges and make it both a profound and rewarding experience, sad as it was.

Ours are not aggressive. We have an old pair of toulouse. I've only been attacked when I was trying to get into her nest last summer to assess the condition of her eggs that were overdue. We also have 10 young africans. They avoid me when I am in the pen and have never shown aggression - toward myself or my 3 year old daughter.
A friend has some muscovies. He may slip a few goose eggs under a muscovy hen to start a flock for himself, and he is giving me muscovy eggs in return.

I've never been attacked, per say, he's just hissing. He's too afraid to hiss to my face, but he hisses after lock up, then at the kids through the fence, and spends all day fighting chickens through the pen fence. It's just hormones. He's a first year gander, but a very good guy. Other than the fact he and his mate likes to beat up chickens. Yeah, good except for that.

@SillyChicken -> Losing one's dad...I'm so sorry. I'm glad you got to be there with/for your family.

I got a nice surprise today. Lucy gave me a green egg today. She and her sister Ethel are about 5 years old. I caught her on the nest box as it came out. That's 3 blue eggs in 2 days. :clap And both turkey are laying as well. I guess that fox scared them into production.

I haven't seen any sign of he fox for a few days now. Hoping that continues. :fl

I don't think I have shared a photo of my new place. This Googleearth shot gives you an idea of where I'm at.
The water is Saginaw Bay (Lake Huron) and the lake at the bottom is Rush Lake. For the past few days the geese have been gathering. Talk about a lot of noise. I'm pretty sure that no one will ever notice my peafowl when I get them.

Isn't this a great place to live? :thumbsup

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 11
I collected 11 chicken eggs so far today. I also gathered 3 turkey eggs. I only have 2 turkey hens.
Turkeys are seasonal layers. Right? Maybe one was laid overnight. :confused:
Does anyone know the cycle time for turkeys when they are in reproduction mode?

Silly my deepest sympathy hope your health issues clear up soon, nothing makes life a little easier then a glass of wine:)
Hi guys... and welcome to the newbies...

Thanks for all the info on my toothy adventure... I am still having issues in my jaw from the shots, even with salt rinses etc., and numbness in my face, but it's going away. I'll have to give the cork a try, though it didn't tell me if I should drink the wine before or after, lol. I have a mouth guard as well, but it is ill fitting now with the tooth gone and other prior dental work changing my teeth.

I have been absent here because I was with my family. It was the most difficult two weeks of my life watching my dad die. My sister and I were swapping nights to stay up and give him morphine every hour. My dad was an incredible man and I will miss him terribly.

Rachel, sorry about your RA, hopefully they will be able to get the pain under control.

Hi, Candy :frow...............
welcome adevary, congrat's on your 1yr old's birthday, like the "bonus baby" term, haven't heard that one before:) I have one also, but mine just had his 34th birthday.

Back
Top Bottom