Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I wore a red vest for four years...will not do that again! But it was also in a different box.
Maybe it has something to do with corporate philosophy? :confused: I've been a customer for years and really like the way that they operate. Only a few times has the service been below expectations (different stores). Never at this store though. That was a big factor in my decision to apply there.

It was certainly one of my more stressful jobs. Most people leave a job due to management than because of the actual job. We had a manager that would threaten (physically) the more timid women. I tried like heck to get this guy mad enough at me to cock his fist at me. Try it once F*er! I constantly called the store manager on him... because he didn't want to come down to the commercial sales to approve sales discounts etc... made me laugh every time I heard him paged overhead after I complained. I had a lot of repeat customers, some would buy us food for the holidays etc... so for the most part, the customers were great, and I did all I could to make sure I took care of my customers, I even pulled all my own lumber orders because any of the materials the pickers would pull could be warped etc. I wanted to send them the best stuff. (It was also nice to work there cause we were fixing our old house and building the new one, so I got discounts and good deals on lots of stuff). I pulled the lumber for my garage package, the builders were surprised by the quality of the wood, darn right nothing but the best for moi!

Some of the "expectations" were ridiculous, like they tried to implement a punishment system for us if we didn't get a certain amount of "approved and used" business credit card applications in a month. This was when the market crashed in 06-07. We were literally written up if we didn't make quota. People weren't applying for and some just weren't getting credit, but we got punished for it. I quit in 2008, one of the happiest days of my life! I only found out later in meeting a different store manager, that I was one of the higher ranked sales persons and they used my methods to train others... wth? Why was I never told? lol!

Last edited:
I had a manager come in new... he worked for political candidates before, so he thought he was some cool shit. He tried to tell me how to do my job.. once. I told him off and to stay away from me that I'd been doing the job for 15 years and I didn't need a pompous idiot telling me how to do my job. He sure did stay away from me. I'd see him out of the corner of my eye coming towards me then doing a 180. He like to pretend he was busy. Like folding the clothes after I did it. Told him to go and do a fixture that needed it and quit messing up my work. Don't remember if I quit before him or what, but, was glad to get out of there. Had enough of retail. But, us x employees (store closed. open open open) still get together for a luncheon every month.

I think everyone has had a bad boss at some point, I know I have.
Fortunately, my TSC boss is pretty good. My lumber yard bosses are too.

I have to be at TSC tomorrow morning at 5:00 am. That is going to be rough...I am NOT a morning person! Then after I'm done there, I have to go back to the lumber yard to do some more work that didn't get done.

I have to be at TSC tomorrow morning at 5:00 am. That is going to be rough...I am NOT a morning person! Then after I'm done there, I have to go back to the lumber yard to do some more work that didn't get done.
OhYayyy, I've got a job!!
OhShit, I've got a job.
OhShit, I've got a job.
OhShit, I've got a job.
Hang in there buddy!

Back
Top Bottom