Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hi Tap! Don't be a stranger!
I keep in touch with Sam through face book. He's home now.
We got my knee functional at 108 degrees. Thought we'd never get beyond 90, so I'm not happy, but have to accept it. I'll be working at home to hopefully get more. I went out with a bang. They all loved the graduation walk. Even threw my cap in the air. All had a good laugh. The staff really worked hard to get me moving. I'm very satisfied with them. There's only so much they can do....

Please send my best wishes to Sam. We miss him on here!

Hi Tap! Welcome back!

Congratulations on your graduation from PT!! Hope your knee continues to improve!

Raz, hope you get your **** fixed soon.

The trap door is just temporary to retain heat downstairs, 1/2" OSB so it's not really safe to walk on for the span. I can't imagine the weight if I were to brace it properly. We are looking at hydraulics, pulleys or a winch and different lift angles. I have some lovely old wood pulley we may be able to use too.
Lowes is having a sale on drywall so we are jumping on that to get drywall for my studio and the shop ceiling! I love it when things fall into place!

Oh Look!!! I got my 10 yr button!! Gosh has it been that long?

I've had chickens over the past 4 years, but currently I do not have any. I'd like to start another flock, but something that will tolerate the Michigan winters. It would be great if I could get some chicks or hatching eggs from someone close. I live in southwest lower Michigan. I've heard good things about the Chanteclers as well as the Buckeyes, but I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks!
Welcome from St Joseph County. Are you looking for pets, egg layers, yard ornaments etc . . . .? Cubalaya are usually human friendly, decent layers and sometimes broody.
Hey, finally found my state’s thread! Hope you’re not sick, I recently had the flu! I mean, Michigan is one of the more sick states, so...

Anyway...

Quick fact/story -

This is Wings.
View attachment 2013694

He is a meanie (that for some reason I still have-). Every day I get to the farm I have to protect my legs- or defend myself with my foot. (I have video proof if anyone’s interested!) Either way, still love the guy! He even lets me hug him- and no, he does not even mess with my face when I’m holding him.

Also, about how it’s been so cold lately, and being on-topic of previous posts, should I be worried about some of my chickens getting frostbite? I’ve seen some of my chickens with black or white-tipped combs...
Welcome from St Joseph County, MI
Hello everyone just finding out that Michigan has a thread.
Welcome

They want to clip the tendon sheath?
Pretty easy 'surgery', I was even awake when they did it, and 'recovery' was just the small(3/4") incision healing up. The relief was instant and significant. Was my right thumb and it was locking up regularly.
I'm not sure what he wants to do. The injections worked on 1 finger. Ring finger is still locking up. Several times today. It's only been 2 days...maybe it takes some time to work. :confused:

They usually just slice the sheath open.
This shows what and how, graphic so I 'hid' it.

Simple, quick. Randy, can you tape your knuckle to keep it from bending and locking?
I used a splint when I had it in my ring finger, cumbersome but better than the pain of unlocking it.

Back
Top Bottom