aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium member
7 Years
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Well it was supposed to snow by now. Nothing yet. But it's bloody cold out there!
I'm a radar watcher, all this snow went south of you, much went south and east of me.
We got about 5", another inch forecast for today.
Yeah, it's cold...25°F here feels pretty damn cold, especially with the wind blowing 10-15mph.
Might wait until tomorrow to clear driveway.

RaZ

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Paradise, MI
Once more infrastructure goes in (you mentioned some type of rocket thing) more people will come and figure a way to buy up land and build more houses and they'll be happy to line bore you a gas line...
That site is across the bay. If it does happen I'll be able to see launches. I miss going to Cape Canaveral to watch them.

My house is at a dead end and I have state land on three sides. I suppose there is a risk that the state could sell it to a developer.

Radio is claiming that we got 3-4 inches. I have about 1/2 on the driveways and paths. Inch and a half drifted on the porch. Whatever we got wasn't near the amount Chicken Little was warning about. It's darn cold and the wind is brutal. But hey, it's always windy here. But the sun is out and it as a beautiful day.

1muttsfan

Free Ranging
9 Years
Mar 26, 2011
Upper Peninsula Michigan
No snow here, just really cold and windy.

As for John Blehm, Any birds that are not an accepted color are Easter Eggers, technically. I think he sells purebreds as Easter Eggers so that he does not have to deal with people complaining if every chick is not Show Quality. He has really nice birds, and this is the only way he sells them apart from prearrangement, and paying for show birds.

We also have propane. And have auto fill. Luckily my hubby checked and we were dangerously low. Big chunk of money to fill the tank up when it gets that low.
If it is their mistake, they don't charge the fee to purge and restart all your appliances, normally that is around $150. Then the cost for a tank of fuel, 426 gallons, whatever that is (I also prepay so it will come out of that fund). Lots of $$$.

Minniechickmama in MN
Just so ;)

RaZ

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Paradise, MI
We will start hatching for Iowa orders in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, our hens have been laying well all winter probably due to mild temps. Hope they continue for hatching time 🙂
Mine have been productive all winter too. I expected the 5 new hens to do so but I wasn't expecting the 2yo to lay. I expected them to moult but they still haven't moulted. Therresult is way too many eggs. Dogs have been getting omelettes and hard boiled eggs quite often.

Last edited:

Candy442

Crowing
Premium member
6 Years
Apr 2, 2013
Williamston, MI
@RaZ well if you happen to get some things that you don't "need" like cute, little fluffies... think of it this way. Eventually some of those will provide dog/cat food omlettes! LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom