Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

snow-april.jpg

April 18th, 2022

Uh oh! Had an e-mail from MDARD this morning. They found HPAI in Washtenaw County.
Oddly it was found in parrots that were kept indoors.

"The parrots at the residence had succumbed to the virus, and MDARD is working with the birds’ owners to finalize a flock plan, preventing further disease spread."

The flock plan with poultry is to kill ALL birds in the flock. The owner has no option. I don't know if they are compensated in any way. I wonder what they will do with the remaining parrots. Parrots are very expensive.

Hey, Raz, how can I make crows the only birds in my yard? Lol
I do not have many as before. A few juncos,a couple of woodpeckers which I think they are in the neighbor's tree because I hear their carpentry lol and a few blue jays.
You have to learn to speak crow. ;)

This is the first time for me. They seem to like the peanuts that I put out for the squirrels and blue jays.

Uh oh! Had an e-mail from MDARD this morning. They found HPAI in Washtenaw County.
Oddly it was found in parrots that were kept indoors.

"The parrots at the residence had succumbed to the virus, and MDARD is working with the birds’ owners to finalize a flock plan, preventing further disease spread."

The flock plan with poultry is to kill ALL birds in the flock. The owner has no option. I don't know if they are compensated in any way. I wonder what they will do with the remaining parrots. Parrots are very expensive.
They should be compensated since they will do autopsies for research. Universities pay a fortune for cadavers and study subjects.

Back
Top Bottom