Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Pics
Hi everyone,
I have a young Easter Egger/Ameraucana Rooster available for trade. I'm looking for a pullet that's about the same age he is (3 mos.) - preferably an Easter Egger or a Maran but I'll consider other breeds, too. He's a handsome little roo - but he's quite hormonal right now and is quite the lady chaser! He does have a very nice little crow that will get bigger with time. He's white with a brown saddle and a bit of soft brown around his neck. He was supposed to be a she - if I didn't already have a nice roo I would just keep him but my little flock isn't big enough for two roosters.

I'm in the Flint Township/Swartz Creek area.
welcome-byc.gif
I'm in Davison, not too far from you!
Good Morning! Off to an early start today to head to Lansing. Taking grand kids to John Ball Zoo today. I'm gonna have five girls 8 to 6. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
From the home feeding thread...

Handmade Chicken Harnesses 15.00 ea. Order Yours Today and Join the Fun!

For Sale: Handmade Chicken Walking Harnesses(Both a Standard and Bantam Size now Available!)
$15 (USD)

How very cool would be be to take your favourite chicken for a walk down the street?

They are really simple to make! And for my little silkie I just used pretty ribbon. I'll try get a picture. She tolerates it wonderfully, just doesn't like putting on and taking off.

I'm taking my first roos to be butchered today.
hit.gif
I'm such a goofy person, I love my roos. But the one is HUGE and is tromping on my little girls and the others just can't stay.

My son has been working very hard on getting ready for the fair. He is doing the chicken showmanship with a sweet little cochin that came from 1muttsfan. He is also working on finishing up all his record book for the year. He hates writing so I told him equal time writing = 4 wheeler time. I think his book will never end at this point!

NP
I just hope that I can speak well at the meeting and not embarrass myself or my fellow chicken keepers. Education is my goal.

You will do fine, you seem level headed and well educated on the subject. I am proud you are representing the chicken world in front of the ag committee. Just to have the courage to stand there and fight for what you believe in makes me proud of you.
I wish I could go for support, but broken toes makes it hard to drive. The next best thing I can offer is a good meal when you are done :)
Go kick some booty!!!

The coffee is on so grab yourself a cup and let's sit a spell. Might as well just ease into the day.

Today's temperatures are definitely an improvement of what we've been experiencing. Now maybe I can get something done without melting.

The coffee is on so grab yourself a cup and let's sit a spell. Might as well just ease into the day.

Today's temperatures are definitely an improvement of what we've been experiencing. Now maybe I can get something done without melting.

good morning, all! I'm on my second cup...super strong...black as coal. Great stuff! Should get me through the morning.

This morning was the first morning in years that the cock birds' crowing annoyed me a bit. Usually, I love hearing them crow. This morning, I was trying ot hear the news on the radio in the barn, and I missed all the parts I was waiting for, because each time they started...a crow came forth! Grrrr!

BEST of luck, Chickflick! You'll be fine...have fun!

Keyt, hate to say this, but that's not a Jersey Giant cock bird you have there; could be a cross, though. Whatever he is, he's a handsome fella!

Hi gaitingirl, welcome to BYC and the Michigan thread

It will probably be hard for you to try to trade a young mixed roo for a pullet. Most of us already have more roosters than we know what to do with. You may be able to find a home for him.

Hi everyone,
I have a young Easter Egger/Ameraucana Rooster available for trade.
welcome-byc.gif

I have to agree with Muttsfan...
I need to be down 2 roos
sad.png
I wish I could have more ladies for them all...
Off to an early start today to head to Lansing. Taking grand kids to John Ball Zoo today. I'm gonna have five girls 8 to 6. Wish me luck!
GOOD LUCK!!!!
RaZ..
You will do fine, you seem level headed and well educated on the subject. I am proud you are representing the chicken world in front of the ag committee. Just to have the courage to stand there and fight for what you believe in makes me proud of you.
I wish I could go for support, but broken toes makes it hard to drive.
Go kick some booty!!!
Xs a million!

Ditto that, momma, mutt, and farm mom!!

Hey, Opa - regarding that hen that got pecked on the head so hard by the cock bird, and that you weaned back to good health - did she survive long term?

Last edited:
well, I can say if I missed anything it was a cup of coffee with Opa! Glad to see you're back! I knew when Opa stopped posting something was going on!

Two good trumps one bad, right?!

thumbsup.gif
Good: (ok, well, good for us) Has anyone here had experience with purchasing a Tax foreclosed property? We have a 10 acre parcel bordering 2 sides of ours that we seriously want to get. We may be a bit premature on this, but .. We know the woman who owned it passed away 2 yrs ago, and her BF owns the other 10 acre property next to hers. So, it appears that he isn't paying on her property taxes.. but we don't know now who even owns it. I guess we could go to the township to inquire (we always thought he owned it, but it isn't the case). The court has a hearing date set for Feb 2013. I assume if no one shows, it would automatically be taken by the state and put up for auction. Has anyone purchased at a state auction? I need all the advice I can get! Cause I want to be ready when it comes available.

thumbsup.gif
Good: DH's trip to Germany for the job interview went well. They informed him to expect an offer letter in the next couple days. This means a bit more income and DH basically starting up technical services in the US for this company. A great opportunity for him.
This also means - vacations to Germany in our near future!!
yesss.gif

th.gif
Bad: My clothes washer just took a crap. Only 7 yrs old, Bosch... I'll never buy this brand again! So, now off to find a new one!

If no one is interested in some free white silkies (5) I'll put them up for sale on craigslist. Most of them are roos, I think one is a hen but I can't promise anything cause no one is laying eggs yet. I'm keeping the silkies I got from Mom, so the others need to go. PM me if you're interested. I also have a millie Fleur roo that is very full of himself that I either need to find a hen for, or he needs a new home. He is a handsome devil! (Free to anyone on here)

I repainted my living room finally ... when I first picked the original green color for the walls, I just wasn't happy with it. We've been in the house 7 yrs now and I had had it... So I took 2 walls painted the old green and continued with the soft creamy white that was already there in the entry/stairwell area, and then on 2 of the opposite walls, I painted a super dark purple. (color: Tannen @ Lowes) I love the purple and hope to find something cool to hang on this wall..Maybe I'll paint a design like I did in my bedroom. My couch is creamy leather, same color as the light wall, so it will really stand out against the purple... I need to get new curtains too!

Mish, sorry, you don't have any birds I am interested in. But how exciting to vaca for the winter!!

Raz, Thanks for trying to make a difference with the RTF laws!
fl.gif

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom