Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Cabbage is on the list? Well I guess it is toxic when my husband eats it.
barnie.gif
I've seen nettle recommended for hay.
Last year I planted peas. But they didn't last long.
Glad you got some of your ducks rehomed already. My peas got all of 2" high this year before someone reached through the fence & ate them. I replanted further away this time.

Thank you Laura.

The leg is wrapped up as large as it was when the first surgery was done (back at the ER when they put the rod contraption thru/on his leg). I was told that his leg was opened half way down his shin to the ankle. Some screws taken out. All bone pieces roughed up, blood flow to broken area 'opened' up, artificial bone graphs placed, two new plates added (in addition to the one he already has) and many more new screws to hold it all in place.

Not quite sure how I am going to manage. I am working 11 - 12 hour days at work with my new position, and now have all the barn chores and the chickens as well. My back (degenerative disk) didn't do well with it last time, and then I wasn't working as many hours, even though I had two jobs then to make ends meet. My back is in worse condition now. Just have to do what I can, and keep my chin up. I can't do anything else.

My husband who has been annoying me by being underfoot for the past three months has redeemed himself in a big way. We are coming to Chickenstock next week. We weren't planning on it because our vehicles are gas guzzlers and would have to rent a car which costs. He took a carload of scrap wire in today. He came home to tell me for our anniversary next week he is taking me to chickenstock.
wee.gif
Sooo, I haven't even let myself look at the thread so I wouldn't be sad. Silly is the thread you started the main thread to help me find everything?
Great!! Your the one who got the frizzle last year that your son was so cute with? You were next to me right? I got the Jersey Giants from Wynette.

Kimmie

I have everything done on my boat with the exception of installing the new impeller. Since the motor is a 1988 the key way attachment doesn't mate with the newer impellers. The manufacturer is sending me the necessary parts so I won't be using the boat until they arrive.

As nice as today is I would have loved being able to get out on the water but as it turns out I'm glad it isn't operational. My workshop's truck bay has a 12' overhead door that is quite heavy and requires a heavy duty commercial opener. Surprisingly there is no crush safety on it. I didn't realize that as I closed the door last night a board was in the door's path. As it closed on it it caused the door to stop while the motor continued thereby breaking the lift cables. This allowed the door to fall, bending the track, and wedging the door canted in the opening. At this point I have no idea how long it will take or how expensive it will be to repair, but until it is the boat is trapped.

Imagine how frustrating it would be to have a fishing trip planned and not being able to get the boat out.

Only one week until Chickenstock. Towards the middle of the week the aroma of apple wood smoke will be wafting thru my neighborhood. If you should happen to be driving anywhere close I would advise caution since the smell of smoking chickens has been know to cause excessive drooling.

I have everything done on my boat with the exception of installing the new impeller. Since the motor is a 1988 the key way attachment doesn't mate with the newer impellers. The manufacturer is sending me the necessary parts so I won't be using the boat until they arrive.

As nice as today is I would have loved being able to get out on the water but as it turns out I'm glad it isn't operational. My workshop's truck bay has a 12' overhead door that is quite heavy and requires a heavy duty commercial opener. Surprisingly there is no crush safety on it. I didn't realize that as I closed the door last night a board was in the door's path. As it closed on it it caused the door to stop while the motor continued thereby breaking the lift cables. This allowed the door to fall, bending the track, and wedging the door canted in the opening. At this point I have no idea how long it will take or how expensive it will be to repair, but until it is the boat is trapped.

Imagine how frustrating it would be to have a fishing trip planned and not being able to get the boat out.

Only one week until Chickenstock. Towards the middle of the week the aroma of apple wood smoke will be wafting thru my neighborhood. If you should happen to be driving anywhere close I would advise caution since the smell of smoking chickens has been know to cause excessive drooling.
making my mouth water already

Pleas tell me it isn't so my little baby that I thought was a pullet said eeeeeeeek eeeeeeeeeeek eeeeekwhooooooooo, I did not want another roo was sure it was not. Sounded so funny smallest roo I have ever heard.

I have everything done on my boat with the exception of installing the new impeller. Since the motor is a 1988 the key way attachment doesn't mate with the newer impellers. The manufacturer is sending me the necessary parts so I won't be using the boat until they arrive. As nice as today is I would have loved being able to get out on the water but as it turns out I'm glad it isn't operational. My workshop's truck bay has a 12' overhead door that is quite heavy and requires a heavy duty commercial opener. Surprisingly there is no crush safety on it. I didn't realize that as I closed the door last night a board was in the door's path. As it closed on it it caused the door to stop while the motor continued thereby breaking the lift cables. This allowed the door to fall, bending the track, and wedging the door canted in the opening. At this point I have no idea how long it will take or how expensive it will be to repair, but until it is the boat is trapped. Imagine how frustrating it would be to have a fishing trip planned and not being able to get the boat out. Only one week until Chickenstock. Towards the middle of the week the aroma of apple wood smoke will be wafting thru my neighborhood. If you should happen to be driving anywhere close I would advise caution since the smell of smoking chickens has been know to cause excessive drooling.
Guess I will make sure I have all my windows shut this week. My rottie drools enuf when food is around; don't need myself & my honey adding to it! I am at 90% for stopping by CS. Of my 4 events that day, one I can move, one I can just send a check, the other is late afternoon (but 100 miles from CS & I am still debating a 200 mile day; but it is gandpa's 95th & definitely his last :() At this point I'd hate to sign up for anything to bring food wise so wondering if ok if I just look at list as we get closer & bring whatever it looks like may be needed/lacking. Also, what type of items do people usually bring for the raffle table? Lastly, I have an EE & a NHR roo that need new homes. Will only bring if someone is interested (free).

YEAY! That is super sweet. :) Are you going to bring your son too?
Great!! Your the one who got the frizzle last year that your son was so cute with? You were next to me right? I got the Jersey Giants from Wynette.

Kimmie

I think so, but it is still going to be tough to put name and faces together again.

Over the past week I have gained three new egg customers, I may not even have enough eggs to take to farmer's market in the future. My farthest customer is a lady who spends the summer on St. Helena island. When they take supplies over she calls and has them pick up eggs for her.
Also over the past two weeks I have had two invites to bring my chickens to events. Both times because of schedules I have not been able to. Today my son's 4-H group is taking animals to the waterfront in Petoskey. So our very much handled Bantam Cochins are going again today.
I had another pheasant death yesterday. His buddies pecked him bloody and there was no saving him. So down to 9 now, which is ok. It's still more than I want to keep.

Help! No coffee! I need some coffee so badly. I have no idea why I am so tired. I slept in until 9 am!

We have the big girls and little girls separated now. They all go out to free range together and that seems to be going well. We have one little girl who gets picked on by both groups though. She stays by herself or follows close at our heels. We have had to give her a little condo to sleep in. She is in the coop, but safe from the others. There are a couple girls who don't really bother her so we keep putting them together in the yard hoping they will bond. I think the next step is to take the biggest bully out and put her in chicken jail for a week so they can reestablish a pecking order without the evil ring leader.

Last night I accidently closed one little one in with the big girls. She came out unscathed but paced the pen until I put her back with her pals. Who know chicken social life would be so all consuming?

Back
Top Bottom