Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

If there is anyone near me that needs a ride to chickenstock just pm me. I will be driving my van and have room for 4 or 5 more people.
Just you? I've got to take one of my trucks since I have rabbits going. We all go from near each other and could save tons if we carpooled. Maybe next year? And, BTW, how are you gonna fit all the chicks in your van?

Ok silly, white pair it is. $5 for the faverolles cockerel, I am bringing two, take your pick.
1mutt... the bird in the first and second pick, same bird, just different angles. Like I said, I'd be inclined to think he's a she if it weren't for the red coming in over the tail. I am bringing the birds that weren't already picked out by the 4h kids with me. Those will be for sale for any who are interested. $15 a pair, $20 a trio.

Awesome thank you!!

So as I sit here, having typed this, I'm debating clicking the "submit" button. I wanted to keep you all updated on how things have been going, & in all honesty they're doing well considering, but at the same time I didn't want to be a "debbie downer" to the rest of yas. But I'm gonna hit the darn button anyways I suppose.
Don't worry, most of us understand.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Just you? I've got to take one of my trucks since I have rabbits going. We all go from near each other and could save tons if we carpooled. Maybe next year? And, BTW, how are you gonna fit all the chicks in your van?
My van seats 7 and it is just me and my sister and the little puppy going. Not going to bring any chicks or rabbits home with me. We could still carpool if you want. I can put a tarp down in the back of the van to set the rabbits on. Do you still have my number?

I have such an odd situation happening. I could really use some advice. Yesterday I sold a pair of Easter Eggers to a man who saw my ad on Craigslist. They were in perfect health and had no problems whatsoever. I'm sure of it because I check all of my chickens every day and also keep an eye on their droppings. I just got an email from the guy saying that the chickens I sold him are sick. They are pooping blood and he doesn't know what to do. I don't know what to make of this. I can't believe they would go from being perfectly healthy at my house one day and pooping blood at his house the next. Could this be a reaction to stress? Could they have been mishandled? Any ideas? What would you do in this situation? THANKS!

coccidia? that's my first instinct if they're pooping blood. pathogens are in the soil and there's nothing YOU can do about the organisms that is in HIS dirt. I think Corid is one generally recommended treatment and is available at tractor supply. (and this is why you should ALWAYS quarantine)

I had a chicken poop blood one time- and only one time- like one dropping only- and I FREAKED out! I got Corrid and separated them and it went away immediately. I don't know what the problem was then. I presumed, since it went away so quickly that it was a bit of intestinal lining or something. Maybe that's all it is with the chicks I sold him. I know they weren't pooping blood or sick. I am vigilant about it.

I have such an odd situation happening. I could really use some advice. Yesterday I sold a pair of Easter Eggers to a man who saw my ad on Craigslist. They were in perfect health and had no problems whatsoever. I'm sure of it because I check all of my chickens every day and also keep an eye on their droppings. I just got an email from the guy saying that the chickens I sold him are sick. They are pooping blood and he doesn't know what to do. I don't know what to make of this. I can't believe they would go from being perfectly healthy at my house one day and pooping blood at his house the next. Could this be a reaction to stress? Could they have been mishandled? Any ideas? What would you do in this situation? THANKS!

have him send a photo... make sure it isn't cecial (sp?) poops... were they hens... could they just have started laying? Is it every poop?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom