Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I'm not a doctor. I have no medical training. I'm not offering advice.
I do have a bad back that causes me pain. For me, I have one of those devices that allows me to hang upside down.
It seems to work for me.

Probably why you never see bats at the chiropractor's office

We started a system of his calling me every morning before 10am and just lets it ring one time. If I haven't received a call by then I call him. If there is no answer I will automatically go and check why he didn't respond. He says he really likes knowing that he won't lie there for days undiscovered.
You are an awesome friend, Opa.

I have been keeping up even though I haven't said much lately.

I'm glad to hear everyone's surgeries turned out well. No matter how easy they are still no fun.

Yea on the venison Preciouskitty.

York so sorry you lost almost all your birds. We lost 14 this year to coyote but my flock is a lot bigger so things continued as normal after lots of tears and ranting at the coyotes. If you or anyone you know will be in the far north I have a quad of golden sebrights that you are welcome to. My son picked them out but they are too flighty for me.

1mutts so sorry about BF's dad. That kind of stress always brings out the best and worst in family relationships.

My big news was a reporter from Harbor Springs called me about my Beaks 'N Books program and they are doing an article in next weeks paper. She asked me what some of the challenges were getting people excited about it. I told her people tend to think of chickens as dirty barn yard animals. Hopefully I wasn't being too rude when I told her my chickens groom themselves more than some people I know.
duc.gif
I also stressed that basic animal husbandry will teach you an animal is as clean as it's environment. She was really excited and had checked out all the animal bios ahead of time.....so we'll see what we get next week.

Yesterday I had great fun dressing up for work. I normally have the 2nd grade class on Thursdays but they had a party going on so I went to them. It's been a long time since I was in a school Halloween parade.

I almost have the chickens all ready for snow. I have a small coop I will be moving some into but it doesn't have windows, so today I have to pick up some plexiglass so they will have some natural light. I've had frozen water about 3 days now, not today with all the wind and rain. I am still collecting eggs after last weeks worming. I cooked up a weeks worth yesterday for them. They have also been snacking on lots of pumpkin and sunflower seed heads that at this point I doubt will dry for storage. I also have to clean out the big coop today after all this rain it is damp in one corner.

Rain Rain go away! ...although on a positive note, had it been snow we would have been buried, 1" rain = 1' snow.

Hello, not sure if this is the place to post this, but...I have a gender confused Crested Polish Hen who has begun to get very aggressive since molting. She nearly killed her sister and now that we've nursed her back to health, she won't leave her alone. I've always been happy with our little fuzz heads....but this one has to go. Hello, not sure if this is the place to post this, but...I have a gender confused Crested Polish Hen who has begun to get very aggressive since molting. She nearly killed her sister and now that we've nursed her back to health, she won't leave her alone. I've always been happy with our little fuzz heads....but this one has to go.

I need someone to take this bird before our sweet hens have been terrorized any further!

Opa! Bats... chiropractor... HA!

Great costumes, y'all. My 2 went as Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. A little wet last night, but we all had fun.

I've read over and over how silkies are not the brightest in the flock, and that was confirmed yesterday when I went to check on the hens. Gidget the white silkie gave herself mud highlights all over. Time to cover the small run's hardware cloth with something solid, I guess. ;)

Hello, not sure if this is the place to post this, but...I have a gender confused Crested Polish Hen who has begun to get very aggressive since molting. She nearly killed her sister and now that we've nursed her back to health, she won't leave her alone. I've always been happy with our little fuzz heads....but this one has to go. Hello, not sure if this is the place to post this, but...I have a gender confused Crested Polish Hen who has begun to get very aggressive since molting. She nearly killed her sister and now that we've nursed her back to health, she won't leave her alone. I've always been happy with our little fuzz heads....but this one has to go.

I need someone to take this bird before our sweet hens have been terrorized any further!

Hi and welcome... feel free to post. I would recommend any aggressive bird get sent to freezer camp rather than someone elses coop.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom