Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I have a question about a breeder in Columbiaville Michigan. The name of it is "Duck 'N' Coop Hatchery Farm and Feed." Has anyone on here bought from them? I heard from someone he might be inbreeding birds. I'm not sure about all of it but he has marans, I want marans. REALLY bad. I think he orders from a other hatchery as well. I hope it's not the one with MS :fl any reply's r appreciated.

My BCMs are also from Wynette; got them at CS2013..great girls (one of which was a great broody & mama last spring!). In fact, I'm getting 2 more pullets from her at CS :)

Maia & Lela, these French girls don't mind the snow, either!

Their eggs (top carton)

A week or so ago someone posted asking about ordering from Meyer. I would be interested in going in on an order if you haven't yet.

I have a question about a breeder in Columbiaville Michigan. The name of it is "Duck 'N' Coop Hatchery Farm and Feed." Has anyone on here bought from them? I heard from someone he might be inbreeding birds. I'm not sure about all of it but he has marans, I want marans. REALLY bad. I think he orders from a other hatchery as well. I hope it's not the one with MS
fl.gif
any reply's r appreciated.
I can't say for inbreeding, but I do know (and have the thread saved) that he's selling EEs as Aracanas and when shown what he was doing commented along the lines of "well people want blue egg layers" and then removed the ad. I saw pictures and they were definitely mutts and he didn't seem to care and still has them listed as Aracanas on his page.
"

I can't say for inbreeding, but I do know (and have the thread saved) that he's selling EEs as Aracanas and when shown what he was doing commented along the lines of "well people want blue egg layers" and then removed the ad. I saw pictures and they were definitely mutts and he didn't seem to care and still has them listed as Aracanas on his page.
"

It really grinds my gears when folks sell EEs as Araucanas. Because then the people who buy them don't know they don't have actual Araucanas. So they've been lied to.

morning....not so good for me....pipes just broke....water everywhere in the laundry room...dog went out the doggie door after i closed it off...and it was open half way....so the house is at 50...toilet line frozen..great start to the day

morning....not so good for me....pipes just broke....water everywhere in the laundry room...dog went out the doggie door after i closed it off...and it was open half way....so the house is at 50...toilet line frozen..great start to the day

wow, you sure are having fun, so sorry, hope you can get things fixed so the problem doesn't continue.

as for the Araucanas, they are tail less, are they not? so if any one is really looking for Araucanas, they should know that. Ameraucana's may be harder to tell so if you are looking for a particular bred, o your home work and ask around for dependable breeders. if you just want blue egg layers, you got what your wanted. HOWEVER,,,, I do agree you should not falsely advertise, and if you don't know what you have, just call them blue egg layers.

wow, you sure are having fun, so sorry, hope you can get things fixed so the problem doesn't continue.

as for the Araucanas, they are tail less, are they not?   so if any one is really looking for Araucanas, they should know that.   Ameraucana's  may be harder to tell  so if you are looking for a particular bred, o your home work and ask around for dependable breeders. if you just want blue egg layers, you got what your wanted.    HOWEVER,,,, I do agree you should not falsely advertise, and if you don't know what you have, just call them blue egg layers.
araucanas are tail lees and amarucana's have tails. There are a few other differences between them. Look up how to tell the difference between them on here or on Google

I have a little story for everyone. So we had extra Roos (we still do) and wanted to rehome them. We didn't want them to get eaten cause they were our pets. So we went ahead and looked on Craigslist for people looking for roosters. We found a guy looking for a buff Orpington. We had a rooster but we didn't know if he was a golden buff or a buff Orpington. We called him and told him that we had a rooster that was a buff color but it might be a golden golden buff. He really didn't seem to care what it was as long it was the size, shape, and color similar to it. He to us he was a hatchery of some sort. I don't get why he could look any harder to find something that was for sure a Orpington if he was going to call his chicks buff Orpingtons. Anyway he still wanted it, but, he wanted to trade something for it. An other rooster! We didn't want anymore roosters we told him. We kind of wanted something for him but if a roo was all he had he could have our roo for nothing! He kept asking if we wanted to trade. No no no we would reply. So anyway he still wanted the rooster so he ask if we could set up a time. We did then he started asking what kind of chickens we had. We told him we had silkies and amarucana's. A couple days late he come... WITH A ROOSTER. We told him we didn't want it. He said "But it's a amarucana. It would be purfect for your hens. I can't say mine are pure amarucana's because we bought them from TSC a while back but all I know is his wasn't. He practicly took our rooster, through the other rooster (EE) in our cage a empty cage, ran to his car and drove away! So then we had this rooster which we didn't need and it wasn't even pure bred Amarucana. So that's how we "downsized our roosters" not. I still have this EE roo. He is healthy as far as I can tell and isn't mean at all. He is nice but I don't need him. Sometimes you think you have seen it all, until something like this happens
ep.gif
lau.gif
I guess he couldn't take something for nothing. If you don't want to eat it you could always advertise on craigslist
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom