Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

These are the eggs I'm getting from the coop with the 2 wellie girls. The dark egg is from a BCM (2 of those in that coop) and the other girls are Wyandotte mix and orp mix. I'm not convinced the welsummers have started laying yet.

Hi all!  Been away for a few months, but I have a quick question.....

For anyone that got the welsummers from townline/tractor supply last year....how is the egg color?  We got ours in mid-April last year and I don't know if they've started laying yet.  We got basically no eggs all winter, and the girls are finally picking back up the past couple of weeks, but the coop the 2 welsummers are in I am getting cream colored eggs, and what i would consider a normal light brown egg.  i'm not expecting great color because they are hatchery stock, but I was expecting something along the lines of the color an amberlink lays at least?

I also got a Welsummer from TSC last year who got them from Townline I believe. Here is a picture of our eggs, the darkest are the Welsummer.

Good luck on the move to Lansing and I don't blame you for wanting to be closer to your grandkids. Thanks for the info on the picnic, I am heading over to check that out. Will you be attending this year?
Yes I will be attending! Hubby is not allowed to schedule any camping trips on that weekend! Hope to see you there. It's lots of fun and lots of good food. Meeting all the folks that you "talk" to is awesome. Putting faces to all those wacky names! lol

Has anyone had success in treating vent prolapse? My little Serema hen is having problems.

I have not but I know there is some one on here that has dealt with it. I think preparation H was one of the things used, to help keep it in. shrinks the tissue' ...the only time I had a hen with prolapse, it was to far gone. good luck treating.

bird man nice birds. can't imagine spending that much $$ would scare me to death. I will just be happy watching yours grow, so keep sending pics.
big_smile.png

Yes I will be attending! Hubby is not allowed to schedule any camping trips on that weekend! Hope to see you there. It's lots of fun and lots of good food. Meeting all the folks that you "talk" to is awesome. Putting faces to all those wacky names! lol
Sounds great, I am blocking off the weekend also and hope to bring my wife and 3 kids. I need to figure out what to bring. Is KrisRose still around also?

Yes, Krisrose is still around. Doesn't post much. Still has her chickens, geese and turkeys. I'll tell her to pop in and say hi. Glad you are planning on coming to picnic. There's a small park for the kids where we are, so it'll help keep them busy, too.

I haven't figured out what I'm bringing yet either....
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom