Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Popping in to ask, does anyone here breed blue wheaten or wheaten ameraucanas or know someone that does? I'm in the unfortunate position of having a beautiful wheaten rooster and no hens. I'm looking for pullets at POL or vaccinated chicks. I know that's specific but I like this rooster and he gets along with my other rooster and I'm desperate for a true blue layer.

Popping in to ask, does anyone here breed blue wheaten or wheaten ameraucanas or know someone that does? I'm in the unfortunate position of having a beautiful wheaten rooster and no hens. I'm looking for pullets at POL or vaccinated chicks. I know that's specific but I like this rooster and he gets along with my other rooster and I'm desperate for a true blue layer.

Try this page from the Ameraucana Alliance. It lists Ameraucana breeders by state, says if they will ship chicks/birds, and states which varieties they have available:
http://ameraucanaalliance.org/DnLd/Directory.pdf

Or, you can try this page from the Ameraucana Breeders Club:
http://ameraucana.org/docs/breedersdirectory_2015_state.pdf

If John Blehm doesn't have what you want, Paul Smith and Max Strawn have good reputations and show quality birds. They are both out of Texas.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I'm getting into Wheaten/Blue Wheatens. Will have both chicks and eggs shipped my way in the next couple months from the east coast and 2 different breeders. I'm glad to see someone else interested in them too.

Good morning fellow Michiganders,
I have not been on BYC much for quite some time.
For those that remember, I was fighting a very corrupt township here in Michigan over our right to own farm animals on over 50 acres. We were zoned residential, and the keeping of farm animals was prohibited in residential zoning. After harassment, trespassing, and even the commissioner shooting a shotgun toward our home for "breaking the law and owning chickens" we have finally won the battle.
We are officially rezoned as Agricultural!!!
Many thanks to Wingless, Raz, and everyone at Michigan Small Farm Council for all of the knowledge and support you have shared.

Last edited:
For those that remember, I was fighting a very corrupt township here in Michigan over our right to own farm animals on over 50 acres. We were zoned residential, and the keeping of farm animals was prohibited in residential zoning. After harassment, trespassing, and even the commissioner shooting a shotgun toward our home for "breaking the law and owning chickens" we have finally won the battle.
Many thanks to Wingless, Raz, and everyone at Michigan Small Farm Council for all of the knowledge and support you have shared.
ya.gif
This is very good news. SO GLAD, things turned out well for you.

Congrats!!
Any news links to your story?

Back
Top Bottom