Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Quote:
Great news, congratulations! How difficult was the re-zoning process? I'm luckily already zoned agricultural on my little 1 acre, but I've looked at other property recently that was not zoned as such.

Good morning fellow Michiganders,
I have not been on BYC much for quite some time.
For those that remember, I was fighting a very corrupt township here in Michigan over our right to own farm animals on over 50 acres. We were zoned residential, and the keeping of farm animals was prohibited in residential zoning. After harassment, trespassing, and even the commissioner shooting a shotgun toward our home for "breaking the law and owning chickens" we have finally won the battle.
We are officially rezoned as Agricultural!!!
Many thanks to Wingless, Raz, and everyone at Michigan Small Farm Council for all of the knowledge and support you have shared.

Congratulations. What a pity that you had to expend so much time, effort and money on what should have been a no-brainer.

Good morning fellow Michiganders,
I have not been on BYC much for quite some time.
For those that remember, I was fighting a very corrupt township here in Michigan over our right to own farm animals on over 50 acres. We were zoned residential, and the keeping of farm animals was prohibited in residential zoning. After harassment, trespassing, and even the commissioner shooting a shotgun toward our home for "breaking the law and owning chickens" we have finally won the battle.
We are officially rezoned as Agricultural!!!
Many thanks to Wingless, Raz, and everyone at Michigan Small Farm Council for all of the knowledge and support you have shared.

Why anyone would want to argue that 50 acres of land should be deemed "residential" is beyond me. I am so glad you persevered and that common sense prevailed.

Hi all. I'm a fellow Michigander starting some chickens after a long hiatus. I'll keep an eye on the thread. Thanks!

Hi all. I'm a fellow Michigander starting some chickens after a long hiatus. I'll keep an eye on the thread. Thanks!

Welcome to BYC and the Michigan thread, glad you joined in
smile.png

Thank you all for your well wishes. There is no media coverage about our fight for rezoning, or the criminal charges against the commissioner. They did a pretty good job at covering it all up. When I threatened the township with a lawsuit they agreed to change my zoning as requested.
There were a total of 15 properties that were rezoned with mine totalling 312 acres which would average 20.8 acres per parcel.

As others mentioned, common sense prevailed.

Thank you for all of your support :)

Back
Top Bottom