Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hiya! Not sure if we'll make it to CS this year. So far my schedule for June 11 is both booked and open. LOL. We are planning our oldest son's graduation open house (in July). So even though we don't have anything on the calendar yet, we have lots of work to do around the house/property. DH is finishing out the poll barn with insulation, drywall, putting in a bathroom & all that jazz. Plus yard work to make us look less like farming hillbillies ;) lol. We'll see how much we can get done & hopefully we'll be able to stop out.

I've checked a few signatures but didn't immediately see the links for food & swap threads. Do we have separate threads for those? If so can someone give me the links? I might be able to sweet talk DH into CS16 if I can entice him with swap items. ;)
CS is only a few hours....:) Please come on over! The links are in my signature and I am updating them when needed.

Well I put the rooster out for a little while this evening. Definitely still limping real bad, limp/hop around the yard. I grabbed a video but it's not very good.

You'd be limping too if you were kicked by a mule. Give him time. He'll be fine.

A seriously injured bird will not put weight on the leg.
You bet I would! The difference is I bet the mule wouldn't feel so awful about the whole thing :p

He was in the coop roosting. I decided to move him back into the garage though for now.

I may see if I can make it out to CS 2016.

Would anyone be interested in some 8.5-week-old (at time of CS) Breeder Quality BBS Barnevelder or Swedish Flower Hen (SFH) cockerels? They came from Blue House Farms in NC. The Barnevelders are primarily from the Johan van Achterberg line and the SFHs are from the Greenfire Farms line.

You'd be limping too if you were kicked by a mule.  Give him time.  He'll be fine. 

A seriously injured bird will not put weight on the leg.

I've been kicked by horses a few times, it does smart!

Grrrrrr..... Wireless internet is out.

No measurable change in Mr Rooster. He hop/skips around the yard. He did go on a bit of a trip down the hill and back.

I've decided to leave him in the coop at this point.

Most roos that attack can't be converted. In my Sig. Link I have an article saved in "fuzzy's notes" that explains rooster behavior, hoping it was a one time and lesson learned. Are some suggestions in article to work with him should you go that route. My mean ones turned mean at puberty, roo I have now was from auction; already at puberty and was a doll. Still is my hugging boy.(2 this year) Took 3-4 tries to get a good one. I.m.o. is in the bloodlines. I've a soft spot for roos.

Back
Top Bottom