Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Just pretend that you are moulting.
tongue.png

Still a little itchy here, mostly more around the belly button area right now and feels deeper than on the skin, so my guess is that's my body healing up around the mesh.

MrCush, I'm so sorry because your going through this. I'm a new chicken mama, but I've had other kinds of pets troughout. I bred little lovebirds and parakeets, and lost several of them, and it was always so hard. I'm not very knowledgeable about chickens, but I do know that with our little birds if they are under the weather, sometimes just putting them in a warm place separate from the others and with some mush, it gives them enough energy to fight whatever it is it's ailling them. So maybe you could mix some ground up food (or chick starter) with a littlebit of yogurt and some water, it might help. I hope your girl gets to feeling better.

Well said.

tongue.png

Still a little itchy here, mostly more around the belly button area right now and feels deeper than on the skin, so my guess is that's my body healing up around the mesh.
Mine did the same.
It wasn't as bad as the itch of the wires healing when they split my chest.

We made the decision to cull her this morning. She is the RIR on the left. I couldn't let her suffer any longer. Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone. She lived a good life pecking and free ranging with her sisters. Everyone else in the flock seems fine so I think it was just her time.

We made the decision to cull her this morning. She is the RIR on the left. I couldn't let her suffer any longer. Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone. She lived a good life pecking and free ranging with her sisters. Everyone else in the flock seems fine so I think it was just her time.
Good for you...and condolences...one of the hardest decisions/actions.

I'm sorry to hear that, it is always such a difficult choice to make! May God comfort you and give you more chickens to love!

Crate her with a white paper towel underneath the crate to monitor her fecal matter. I would give her just water initially (overnight).

Spend 15 - 20 minutes next to her while she's in her cage and monitor reaction to being isolated.

Listen to her breathing.

Watch her balance when she walks.

Watch her consumption rate.

Was she recently broody? Did to stop it?

Is she molting? Are her feathers thinning?

Has she been exposed to any over the counter poisons (yard work)?

Back
Top Bottom