Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I grew up in Wisconsin, and winters in southern Michigan are way milder!
Not that I don't complain about the weather all the time anyway...
Mary

LOL, I know, right? Not much we can do about the weather anyway! It's almost the end of January and I have no complaints at all the way things have been going weather wise. It's too unpredictable and there are much more important things to think about like CHICKENS! :wee MORE CHICKENS

So bright and sunny today. Unfortunately it highlights just how filthy the windows are.
Cold too. 10 degrees F at 10:00 am.

There is a full crew of tree trimmers here today. They are waiting on an off-road bucket truck to arrive. It will get noisy in this cold, crisp air. The sound of their skid-steer woke me up earlier.

@aart
Chicken math is not just 'addition'...but also should include Division, Multiplication and especially Subtraction!!!
B..but....but... subtraction is sooo... difficult!

So it's about a quarter before 6 and there is still enough daylight to see. Gotta love that the days are getting longer.

Chickens enjoyed the bright sunshine today and even came out of the coop. They didn't go far into the snowy run but they did come out as far as the straw on the ground permitted.

I gathered 9 eggs today. I've been getting 8 or 9 eggs a day all winter so far. The older girls haven't moulted yet. They will be 2 YO in February. I fear that they will moult when it is the coldest part of winter. But I hope not.

How is everyone else doing? This thread has been pretty quiet.

Was thinking yesterday.... the sunny days last longer.
No sun today.
Not much going on here, bread day, my regular wheat loaves and a pan of cornbread to go with chili.
Dreading both the dentist tomorrow and 2-3 days of alternating wet snow and rain.
Just looked up and it's about dead dark out now, time to 'put the chickens to bed'.

Back
Top Bottom