Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I just got done removing a flat tire off my tractor :mad: fortunately after getting the drive cleared, but no place to take it until tomorrow.
That stinks. At least you got the drive cleared first.

Chickens are enjoying the sunshine and mild weather. 40 degrees all afternoon. New crop of mud is sprouting. I got that broken oak completely down. Going back out to drag it out of the woods. Need to let my fingers thaw out. Even 40 degrees triggers the recurring frostbite. I'm getting too old for this. :old

Finger warm up time. Again.
Got that tree dragged out of the woods. The ground back there is so soft. There hasn't been a hard freeze all winter. All I've had has been some ice from the compacted snow. But it hasn't penetrated the soil at all. Can't help but wonder what the bugs will be like in spring.

Supposed to get colder this week, up here temps below freezing and in the 10's to teens at night. Good weather to make ice. We have Pond Hockey up here in 2 weeks, and they are very anxious about enough ice on the Bay.

Supposed to get colder this week, up here temps below freezing and in the 10's to teens at night. Good weather to make ice. We have Pond Hockey up here in 2 weeks, and they are very anxious about enough ice on the Bay.
Is there any ice up there?
Which Bay?
Some folks down here distraught with no ice at all.

We are down to small patches of snow/ice, but more coming Thursday. The two day heat wave is over, and the sun is hiding again.
ONE EE bantam egg today, the first bantam egg here in a long while. They took the winter off!
Mary

Egg production has really increased! It's almost as exciting as seeing the first spring birds, of which, I heard one yesterday, so spring is on it's way!!

I really hope it was at least cold enough to take care of some of the insects. Otherwise this is gonna be a bugger of a summer (pun intended)!

Nice photos Raz. The woods are always so serenely peaceful, esp., after a heavy snow like that. All the little noisey, noises are eliminated by the snow cover. Brings back fond hunting memories.

Ok, so is it just me and an age thing, or have the fun little heart candies we used to get as kids, with the sayings, changed? They taste different and they're hard as bricks. I swear the current heart candies, taste like serious crap. I find that with a lot of the things that were my favorites when I was younger. And I can't hardly find the spice drops anymore... maybe at a gas station. It's really disappointing. I guess on the bright side, I know I won't be buying/eating the crap anymore!

Ok, so is it just me and an age thing
Not just you, but I do think it's an age thing.
Not sure about the hearts, sayings or hardness, but I'm much more careful about my (remaining) teeth and hard candies.
Put them in a humid spot and they'll soften up some.
I still love Necco's, which what the hearts are/were, maybe different manufacturer or recipe now.
The taste thing, I recall getting some spaghetti-o's once years back, wanted some 'comfort' food.......they were absolutely terrible!

Back
Top Bottom