Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Visiting nurse was by again today. Other than collecting billable hours, I'm not sure what she is really doing. Other than checking vitals she doesn't really do anything. At least not than I can tell.
I offered her some fresh eggs She declined. She said that she won't eat brown eggs because she is afraid that she will crack open a baby chick.
Really? :barnie This care giver doesn't seem to accept basic science? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Holy cats!

Visiting nurse was by again today. Other than collecting billable hours, I'm not sure what she is really doing. Other than checking vitals she doesn't really do anything. At least not than I can tell.
I offered her some fresh eggs She declined. She said that she won't eat brown eggs because she is afraid that she will crack open a baby chick.
Really? :barnie This care giver doesn't seem to accept basic science? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Holy cats!
It is funny what crazy ideas people have. Does she thing baby chicks only grow in brown eggs? How about blue and green, most likely spoiled, right?

She's there to make sure that you aren't claiming that you are fine, when you aren't. Who would ever do that?!
You've forgotten that eggs must be white, and they grow in those styrofoam packages at the grocery store. Same for meat, it just appears in plastic, miraculous!
Mary
Why would I claim to be something that I'm not? I know what my limits are and how to make work-arounds for said limits.
I'm sadly amazed at just how ignorant people are of how their food is produced. And some of the half-baked ideas they have regarding biology.

She is also there to keep you from going in for rechecks and endangering yourself. Believe me, she learns more about you just by looking and listening than you could know.
I guess if she wants to keep me from harm, she will have to wrap me in bubble-wrap and duct tape me to a tree.

I suppose some people are comfortable with a long, slow recovery. I'm not one of them.

Why would I claim to be something that I'm not? I know what my limits are and how to make work-arounds for said limits.
I'm sadly amazed at just how ignorant people are of how their food is produced. And some of the half-baked ideas they have regarding biology.
Oh like people NEVER lie to their health professionals :lau

My dad is somewhat in the same boat with the eggs. He had a bad experience with some of his co-worker's eggs a long time ago. I guess the guy wasn't very good about collecting the eggs in a timely manner, and you never knew what would come out. So he won't eat any brown eggs, unless they come from me, since I don't keep roosters. So, maybe she associates brown eggs with fertilized eggs and fertilized eggs with developing chicks.

She's there making sure that you ain't out digging post holes, up on the roof, or something else equally foolish. ;)

Finally got those pinless peepers to show up today. Just slipped some of them on the 5 that I'm pretty sure were the ones that was doing most of the bullying. None of them seemed that happy about them, but they'll just have to get used to it.

My daughter's father in law wouldn't eat brown eggs. Didn't like the taste of them. My son in law didn't like my fresh eggs because they were "dryer". Explained to him that's because they were fresh. :he White of the egg breaks down the older it gets. After that, he ate them every day. The things people get in their heads!
It was so nice and cool last night. Shut the air off and opened a bunch of windows. Will have to shut them soon before the house heats up.
Leaving tomorrow for another camping trip. It will be a full camper. There will be 7 of us. Fun times!
Enjoy your day!

Back
Top Bottom