Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Predators in my area that I have seen: bald eagle; owls; hawks; racoons; fox; coyote; and dogs. Now one more to add to the list...cougar. Yes, a big, freaking cat!
A friend captured one on her trail camera last night.

She had 2 cameras aimed at a live trap that she was using to catch a racoon. She sent me the video. It is definitely a big cat nosing around the live trap. She has it on a couple of different angles. I tried to copy the video to share but she sent it via FB and I can't figure out how to share it. She has sent the video to the DNR and the Conservation Officer for this county. I'm curious to see how they respond.
120265632_10107813238978475_445990932495209108_n.jpg

Sweet puppy!!! Both my husband I got both our shingle vaccines! Never want to deal with shingles again! It's been 2 years and I have 2 teeth that still have nerve pain.
Yeah, I be. Don't think it bothered mom's teeth any, just her eye. They all said that its pretty much the worst place to get it at. And I believe it.

Looks more like a very large house cat. I just looked at cougar cub photos, and their spots never turn into swirls, like this guy's.
Mary
I'm not seeing the swirls you mention. Those live traps are the large ones. My friend was trying to catch a racoon. The trap gives an idea of scale.
If that is a house cat, then it has to be the largest I've ever seen.
I told my friend to contact the DNR or Conservation Officer.

Back
Top Bottom