Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I got a line on fertile Lavender Orpington eggs. I just need to get an incubator first. Does anyone have any recommendations. If I get out of work on time tomorrow, I'll check TSC and FFH to see what they have. I'm leaning towards what TSC has because I just got a 10% off coupon from them.

I only incubated once before with a borrowed unit and remember that it was pretty stressful. I'd rather let a broody do the work but none of my hens are the least bit broody.

The other option is to let some of you enablers talk me out of the whole thing. ;)

Welcome back @Mish! I wonder if we met back then at CS?
Randy, I'm the wrong person to talk about incubators. My at home experiences have been terrible, and have since had a friend incubate eggs for me at their house. Wonderful of them, and less traumatic for me.
Mary

Or tell us where these LO eggs are... I've fallen in love with Lavenders and Blues. Is it just because the colors outside are so drab this time of year? Or maybe chicken math.

Either way, I'm not hatching any eggs in the foreseeable future. But if one of my girls goes broody, I'll be her biggest cheerleader!

"Oh my, girl!
You're in a mood!
Sit there, sit there,
Brood, brood, brood!"

(No pompons, no waving, no high kicks.)

Back
Top Bottom