Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

It's currently 39 degrees here with a breeze coming off the lake. I have a nice fire going. My neighbor/friend has been on a mission to get the new (to me) stove brought in to the house. So here it is sitting in the living room until I can get the old stove out. It's going to be a PITA to get the new stove up on the hearth. The hearth is 8 inches higher than than the floor.

The current stove is vented on the top while the new one is vented out the back. The new stove is larger than the old one. It's going to take up the full depth of the hearth. Getting the chimney connected is going to be a challenge. I'll get it figured out. Prepare to hear a bunch of swear words when I start working on it.

Randy, get a referral to Mayo or the Cleveland Clinic!
And do take care of yourself, don't get into your usual "I can do it all!" mode!!!
@IttyBittyBirdy , we live in Perry township, an hour to Novi or Ann Arbor, and further from Troy or Detroit. We have both driven an hour each way to work, because having an affordable small farm in the boonies has been worth it to us.
Closer would be nice, but never plan to move again!
Just make sure you move to an area where you can have your birds, don't move in and try to change things...
Mary
I don't care if the house is purple, upside down, or in a tree... Just as long as I can keep my critters!

The current stove is vented on the top while the new one is vented out the back. The new stove is larger than the old one. It's going to take up the full depth of the hearth. Getting the chimney connected is going to be a challenge. I'll get it figured out. Prepare to hear a bunch of swear words when I start working on it.
Since from what I've read, you seem to be having some health troubles, take care of yourself, stranger!

Growing up, my stepfather had an old wood cook stove in the kitchen. Every winter he would load it up with wood and I would try to sit as close as possible to keep warm.

Maybe I should make it another must have?

In the boonies, you will want at least a movable generator, for those power outages. We now have a whole house generator, that goes on automatically using our propane. love it!
Also having a wood stove of some sort is friendly, and good in emergencies.
Mary

Randy, get a referral to Mayo or the Cleveland Clinic!
And do take care of yourself, don't get into your usual "I can do it all!" mode!!!

Mary
I'll have to look into that. Although I'm pretty sure that the insurance company won't allow it. They have denied medicines and procedures in the past. Even this go-round they denied 2 meds and a treatment/procedure.

I've been doing it all for as long as I remember. It's difficult to ask for help but I'm trying. I got a contact number with the local Council of Aging so I'll give them a call. Do they help us 29 year old kids?

Remembering 29; so much energy! So much to do! Now, doing less, and enjoying it more. And definitely picking what's most important, and leaving the rest. If most of it goes wild, that's good, right?
Anyone going to Fowl Fest, at the Saginaw fairgrounds, tomorrow? I'm going to go for a while, it's fun to see the birds. New location, but only thirty miles from here.
Mary

I'll have to look into that. Although I'm pretty sure that the insurance company won't allow it. They have denied medicines and procedures in the past. Even this go-round they denied 2 meds and a treatment/procedure.

I've been doing it all for as long as I remember. It's difficult to ask for help but I'm trying. I got a contact number with the local Council of Aging so I'll give them a call. Do they help us 29 year old kids?
I thought I read you have bacterial endocarditis on your aortic valve. That requires 6 weeks of IV antibiotcs through a PICC line, then a repeat echocardiogram, usually via the esophagus for best visual to 1)ensure the bacteria is eradicated 2) assess for valve leaflet damage from the bacteria 3) determine to what degree the valve is functioning or dysfunctioning in order to plan any necessary next steps.
Keep that PICC line clean and covered. A secondary infection from animal feces is a high risk. Never let someone infuse, flush, inject without FIRST scrubbing the hub with alcohol pad. Simple step that most nurses won't miss, but it's your body.
Mayo or Cleaveland have fine valve clinics. I believe UMich does, too.
I refer a lot to Mayo due to geography to the UP..all are reputable.
I wish you a speedy recovery. Estimate 3 months to get back to feeling your best as long as no other bumps in the road. In other words, allow yourself time for a good recovery. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom