Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

don't give up hope, my friend was diagnosed about 12 years ago, she went through many different treatments but has been doing really well for over 8yrs. She can beat this. we will keep her in our prayers. may I ask her name?
Stephanie.

I have lots of hope, and I think she will beat this, but thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

One of the pullets *might* be squatting for me. She kind of lowers herself when I stroke her back. Her comb and wattles are still small, but are definitely red-ish. The ones on my laying hen are redder. :fl

Someone was in the nest box, as the fake egg wasn't where I saw it this morning when I looked for an egg. The pullets will be 21 weeks on Friday.

Here is one of our does at leisure. She is 7 years old.
IMG_3608.JPG

One of the pullets *might* be squatting for me. She kind of lowers herself when I stroke her back. Her comb and wattles are still small, but are definitely red-ish. The ones on my laying hen are redder. :fl

Someone was in the nest box, as the fake egg wasn't where I saw it this morning when I looked for an egg. The pullets will be 21 weeks on Friday.
That reminds me of when I was a newbie here and posted about my chickens squatting for me and I would pet them. The thread quickly devolved when I was branded as a chicken groper. Some people thought I was some sort of sicko pervert. It was a very strange time with a whole range of strong opinions.

Last edited:
That reminds me of when I was a newbie hear and posted about my chickens squatting for me and I would pet them. The thread quickly devolved when I was branded as a chicken groper.
Really? Really?? Does that make me a puppy groper when I rub Freya's belly?

I hope that sentiment has faded far away... Sheesh.

Back
Top Bottom